history of lunar's reef

Don't know why, but his posts got deleted from many threads.
The posts were all very similar: nice reef, or nice set up.. Etc..
No idea why..

Don't know why, but his posts got deleted from many threads.
The posts were all very similar: nice reef, or nice set up.. Etc..
No idea why..

If that was the case he may have been blocked for post padding. People sometimes join the forum to sell stuff and you need 50 posts to be able to do that. They watch for new members posting short posts like that.

O, thank you for your explanations, I didn't realize that. You can delete my question and your replies. Thanks, again.

Krzysztof

Krzysztof,

Have you ever faced RTN/STN (rapid/slow tissue necrosis) with acroporas?

What is the reasons of this fact? How to avoid it?

Krzysztof,

Have you ever faced RTN/STN (rapid/slow tissue necrosis) with acroporas?

What is the reasons of this fact? How to avoid it?

Yes, of course. Think that everybody who has a reef tank longer than 3 or 4 years experiences such cases. What are the reasons and how can we avoid it? There might be a lot of reasons. In this hobby you can't get a ready recipe and that's why I love it so much. You must be a fighter if you want keep a reef tank in the long run. Dmitry, nobody can't give you an unambigous reply. Everybody says: stability. And this is the truth. You have to feel it, love it, observe and draw a conclusions. Nobody knows your reef tank as well as you.

Krzysztof

hi lunar,

i'm currently using an ati hybrid led 8 bulbs and on page 17 you said

"I don't know Aqualine Buschke lamps but if you have an access to Ati and Giesemann bulbs I'd use:
ATI blue+, Coral +, Giesemann Actinic +, Giesemann Aquapink, ATI Aquablue sp., Giesemann Actinic+ ATI Coral+, ATI blue+"

with that combo because i only have access to giesemann and ati bulbs what settings should i have for the leds to achieve close to the color of your current 10 bulbs?

thank you.

Beautiful tank, and surly I have a few questions :) what is the return pump you are using? Could you also write more about internal circulation? I've seen a few posts above, you have wrote what pumps you are using, but could you also describe their position in the tank and programs the are running (pulse, intervals etc :))?

hi lunar,

i'm currently using an ati hybrid led 8 bulbs and on page 17 you said

"I don't know Aqualine Buschke lamps but if you have an access to Ati and Giesemann bulbs I'd use:
ATI blue+, Coral +, Giesemann Actinic +, Giesemann Aquapink, ATI Aquablue sp., Giesemann Actinic+ ATI Coral+, ATI blue+"

with that combo because i only have access to giesemann and ati bulbs what settings should i have for the leds to achieve close to the color of your current 10 bulbs?

thank you.

hi vinhle00, it's hard to reply you because I didn't make any notes. I used mainly blue and royal blue lights - about 40% max, white about 10-20% max and a bit of red, about 5%. Leds were only an addition because 10 T5 tubes gave me enough lighting.

amazing as usual kry!

Thank you ZON.

Do you use fm reef vitality ?
What's your experience with this product?

Yes, I do and I'm happy with this product. It improves colours of corals significantly but you should be careful that you don't overdose it.

Krzysztof

Beautiful tank, and surly I have a few questions :) what is the return pump you are using? Could you also write more about internal circulation? I've seen a few posts above, you have wrote what pumps you are using, but could you also describe their position in the tank and programs the are running (pulse, intervals etc :))?

Thank you, fewponds.

The Red dragon 8000 is my return pump.
There are two closed loops, one with its outflow on a triangle overflow box that is in a corner between left side and back, the second loop has its outflow in the upper middle part on the back glass. On the left there are two pumps: mp with reef crest mode and tunze turbelle with pulse and the same on an opposite side, but I placed tunze pump on the right side near the bottom behind the rocks.

Krzysztof

This tank and its entire story is so great. Hearing the journey and seeing the colors and corals you are able to keep is really inspiring for us who are really just starting out and only been doing it a couple years. One day I hope to be have kept my reef for this many years and have something half as beautiful to show for it.

Yes, of course. Think that everybody who has a reef tank longer than 3 or 4 years experiences such cases. What are the reasons and how can we avoid it? There might be a lot of reasons. In this hobby you can't get a ready recipe and that's why I love it so much. You must be a fighter if you want keep a reef tank in the long run. Dmitry, nobody can't give you an unambigous reply. Everybody says: stability. And this is the truth. You have to feel it, love it, observe and draw a conclusions. Nobody knows your reef tank as well as you.

Krzysztof

I want to buy you a beer!!!

I think you and I are much alike. I have been struggling this summer as I have a new hobby of racing cars, but I do not want to give up my love aquariums. The result is I have been doing the absolute minimum I can on my tank, and yet my tank is doing very well. My primary focus has been and continues to be "stability". I'm just maintaining the tank without worrying about how many new corals I have or whether my tank is becoming "TOTM" worthy, but in so doing the corals I have are thriving, and I even have a clutch of Cardinal fish that were born in the tank, ran down the overflow to my sump (300 gallons) and are growing up in the sump with no attention. All this to say "stability" is something you learn and not so easily reproduced.

Krzysztof - Love the tank indeed.
Sorry to ask this, what do you do to control the all in one bio pellets? The effluent water usually contain a fair bit of brown stuff that gets into the sump floor.
Are you putting any filter sock over the output or is your reactor water plump into your protein skimmer?

Lunar,

How do you run your carbon? In a reactor or in a bag next to high flow?

thanks!
Nate

Back