How to build a CO2 regulator for your calcium reactor.

I'm starting off with a "naked" Veriflow regulator, similar to the airgas ones below.
The holes are marked either HP, LP, or MP. I'm assuming the low pressure gauge goes into one of the LP holes and the high pressure gauge into one of the HP holes. But this reg doesn't have a hole marked "IN" like my other one did. So where does the CGA nipple go? And what about the hex nipple on the opposite side? Does it matter?

example pic from first page...
eb429bcafdc0b226c0d099d6ae4f4f86.jpg

I'm still looking for answers on this ^^^
Would like to get this thing put together.

I'm still looking for answers on this ^^^
Would like to get this thing put together.

Most regulators should have LP,LP,HP,HP or more (up to 6 ports). Without pictures of the veriflo, I cannot guarantee if this is accurate.

See below for connecting your parts. Usually the cga 320 connections is on the right side then the left side is your connection to the valve,solenoid, and fittings.

(LP) -fittings,valve,solenoid --> (LP) Low gauge --> (HP) High gauge, then (HP) CGA 320 nipple and nuts.

For the extra ports, there should already be some kind of plugs on the bottom.

Yep, that's what I was saying above... i have all those markings, just wasn't sure what went where especially the CGA fitting.
But that should do me. Will try it tonite.
Thanks!

^^^ Paging Alanle. Hey Bud you also gave me a ss tube to connect the needle valve. Where does that go. It connects the needle valve to the solenoid ?

I will go tomorrow to my friends shop who is a welder.

Hopefully he will tighten these more for me and also perform a leak check.

Alanle is that writeup on barreport correspondence on how to wire the burkert 6011a.

I also got this regulator free with my calcium reactor of ebay. It is an Uniweld. Is this any good?

I didnt think so, but upon close inspection I found an AC Burkert 6011a soleniod so I thought it might be a little decent. I know its single stage.

^^^ You have a masterflex for sale ? Hahaha

I am also building this regulator for my 60 gallon tank. I want to go reactor because in the long run I think a reactor holds down alkalinity stable.

It also adds trace elements that your two part will be missing.

Plus I dose already on a 90 gallon tank so wanted to try calcium reactor.

Parker IR6000 system details:

Regulator: SS Parker IR6000 ($900 retail)
Solenoid: SS Burkert 6011
Metering Valve: Swagelok S series with Kalrez O-ring (angled version)
Pressure Gauges: SS liquid filled Wika (German made - super precise)
Fittings: SS Swagelok (10,000 PSI rating. Will never leak!!!)

Screen%20Shot%202015-07-28%20at%203.48.17%20PM.png

Back