How to build a CO2 regulator for your calcium reactor.

Here is the 22 series needle valve.
Item number 141709517050

149b5f17db67b51d66b2f486dde9c731.jpg

Did you purchase that valve Alan? By any chance if anybody selling a Swagelok regulator? Looking for one at least 2 years now. I'm always late to the game on ebay.... :(

Did you purchase that valve Alan? By any chance if anybody selling a Swagelok regulator? Looking for one at least 2 years now. I'm always late to the game on ebay.... :(

No I didnt purchase the valve. The dual stage Swagelok regulator rarely show up. Check biosurplus.com.

Does anyone have a part number and a decent source for the adapter from the regulator to the CO2 tank, in Stainless? I just can't seem to find the right one.

Looks like you got a nice stainless steel reg! That's a relief valve. You can remove it and put a plug there. We are on the low pressure side so it's not crucial to have that valve there.

Hello Alanle
Thanks for the info. Its on the high side I believe as the arrow is going away from the hole. Should that be okay?

Hello Alanle
Thanks for the info. Its on the high side I believe as the arrow is going away from the hole. Should that be okay?

It's normal. That's where the gas will get relieved when the pressure build up more than the working limit. The regulators we are using can handle up to 3000 - 4000 PSI. You don't have to worry about this part since a full CO2 tank is only 800PSI.

So I bought everything off the list posted above. Except the solenoid because there is no link.

Also the metering valve auction has ended. I asked the seller if he wants to sell it to me.

Anyone ready to help me assemble this. Do I need anything else

I was successful in buying all the parts except the bubble counter.

Where does that go. Do I need anything else.

For the metering valve you purchased you will need a 1/4" tubing adapter to 1/8" NPT. The 1/4" tubing adapter side goes into the output of the metering valve and the bubble counter screws into the 1/8" NPT. If your calcium reactor has a built in bubble counter you can run your tubing directly from the metering valve to the bubble counter. Make sure you have a check valve between your metering valve and calcium reactor. Some bubble counters have a check valve built in, but I would add a better quality one to be safe.

I'm starting off with a "naked" Veriflow regulator, similar to the airgas ones below.
The holes are marked either HP, LP, or MP. I'm assuming the low pressure gauge goes into one of the LP holes and the high pressure gauge into one of the HP holes. But this reg doesn't have a hole marked "IN" like my other one did. So where does the CGA nipple go? And what about the hex nipple on the opposite side? Does it matter?

example pic from first page...
eb429bcafdc0b226c0d099d6ae4f4f86.jpg

Back