How to build a CO2 regulator for your calcium reactor.

Hello, I stumble across this tread on accident and have read all the way through it. It has made me want to build a regulator for you Co2 setup. I have been on ebay looking and came up with this for my first build.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291860296916?ul_noapp=true.

I'm not trying to get a highend regulator right now, just something that is better than my current one which is rusted out and not even sure if it works.

That reg will work just need to make sure it is not leaking since it looks pretty old

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if you are taking about seals used with the fitting used install fitting in the reg. i do not think they are bad, it just you need to use the proper ones with the reg and you need to use the right fittings. just a bit harder to figure out. with that , my reg uses face seals , have had zero issues with it. been running for almost a year.

I'm using a Parker ir6000 with face seals as well. They work fine but I believe they are not as easy to find fittings for and maybe more expensive. But most just get adapters to reg fittings.

There's a reefkeeping article on calcium reactors that says the output pressure should be between 20-25 psi, but if it's a two stage regulator, then it is only 5 psi. Can anyone confirm this is correct?

There's a reefkeeping article on calcium reactors that says the output pressure should be between 20-25 psi, but if it's a two stage regulator, then it is only 5 psi. Can anyone confirm this is correct?

Hmmm. Isn't output pressure output pressure regardless of what is regulating it ??

I think he is saying if you are using a reg single stage reg you should keep it at 20-25psi. But a 2 stage you can regulate better so you can drop it to 5 psi.

I run at 4 psi. I think slief runs at 3

From swagelok or hoke? My suggestion is unless you know what you are doing, don't stray too far from the listed part numbers and you won't go wrong.

Back