How to build a CO2 regulator for your calcium reactor.

No nuts or ferrules ! So I just get 1/8" od tube nuts on each end of the valve and 2 port connectors. Then the outgoing side of the valve will need a 1/8" tube x 1/4" tube (for outgoing oxygen line to the calcium reactor ) ??

Last edited:
These and then I need nuts for each side of the meter? Then any 1/8" od tube fitting with ferrules to connect to the port connector...is that correct ? Do I need front and rear ferrules or just front ??

C8CE4686-6740-4ACB-8472-D993575C5B81_zps9oyahtom.jpeg

These and then I need nuts for each side of the meter? Then any 1/8" od tube fitting with ferrules to connect to the port connector...is that correct ? Do I need front and rear ferrules or just front ??

C8CE4686-6740-4ACB-8472-D993575C5B81_zps9oyahtom.jpeg

Anyone??? Beuller ?? Beuller ??......Beuller....

Is teflon tape required at these port connector connections? Everything I read from swagelok doesn't show any teflon tape. It also has you hand tighten then do 1 1-4 turns after hand tighten for correct connection. I feel teflon tape might alter this where it won't get the proper tightness.

Also is this the way the other end connects? I had to remove the nut to take the pic, but I assume this is how the front and rear ferrules go on the tube ? @alanle
BA4EB52D-D395-4697-B2A7-4FB6AC23ADB3_zpsndafvsvs.jpg

Is teflon tape required at these port connector connections? Everything I read from swagelok doesn't show any teflon tape. It also has you hand tighten then do 1 1-4 turns after hand tighten for correct connection. I feel teflon tape might alter this where it won't get the proper tightness.

No teflon tape on tube connections

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi everyone... And Alanle

i just got a new CO2 Tank. filled it up with CO2 and attached everything back on.

Now i cant get any bubble count.. Can the needle valve be defective .. i see air bubbles going into my 2nd small calcium chamber...

What am i doing Wrong..

Last edited:
Back