How to build a CO2 regulator for your calcium reactor.

Just got a new metering valve to try out since my Hoke seems to be a pita to keep consistent. I've tried higher pressure, lower pressure and nothing stays consistent at all day to day.. I've been relying on my pH controller and I don't want that anymore..

So question is ;

Got a Parker from another member ABOVE post =) ( 4Z (A) - NML-V-SS-K) but it has tube to tube Fitting on IT .. Do I just use an 1/8" npt from the Burkett to a 1/4" o.d.tube Fitting male stem and tighten it down?

What part number or name of part did anyone else in this situation use? I could rig it up to just accept the tube Fitting pretty easily but I'd rather have it attached to regulator honestly..

I tried searching the thread but RC sucks lately and I'm having issues using any search functions at all site wide.

Thanks..

Too late to edit my previous post/question..I found my part on ebay shipped for $7 =).. Tube stem adapter to npt male..

I have to say if anyone wants to source a built unit Alanle is incredible to work with. I bought a unit from him last September and for various reasons only just got to fire it up and test. The solenoid power supply must have been damaged in shipping so I text him. I got an immediate response and he sent pics to walk me through troubleshooting.

I found the wire that was damaged and repaired it. I need to run a couple more tests but initial show that the fix worked. Alanle was still firing texts for me to send it back to him so he could once over it showing he goes above and beyond for his customers.

So if any of you wish to purchase a beautiful prebuilt unit hit up alanle....

That looks to be single stage. Many eBay sellers are not familiar with what they are selling. They think because it has 2 gauges, it is 2 stage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So this thread peaked my interest. I have a Victor HPT500 (brass) and a Hoke 1345G1Y metering valve. Since the Victor is brass do I need to use all brass components or is stainless OK. Any advice is appreciated.

SS with brass is okay.

Help about regulators

Help about regulators

I was wonder if anybody would know if this regulator would work
Picture Information?

Airgas-E12-244A-Air-Pressure-Regulator-New

Thinking of pulling the trigger on this.
It's a matheson 8 series.
It's a dual stage right?

matheson%20reg.JPG

I'm in the process of putting together a regulator. I have an issue I'm hoping Alane (or anyone) can help with. I have a Swagelok metering valve with 1/4" male compression on each end. Is there an adapter that I can use to connect it to my solenoid?

Thinking of pulling the trigger on this.
It's a matheson 8 series.
It's a dual stage right?

matheson%20reg.JPG

I've been running that reg for about a year without issues.. It's a great cheap dual stage regulator.. I got two new old stock units =). I have a spare

I'm in the process of putting together a regulator. I have an issue I'm hoping Alane (or anyone) can help with. I have a Swagelok metering valve with 1/4" male compression on each end. Is there an adapter that I can use to connect it to my solenoid?

Search for "stem adapter" in the od/type of metal your using.. It's basically a metal stem that acts like the ridgid hose and seals the metering valve In place and either male or female threaded on the other end. I just posted it a few pages back..

You need this
c8d4b7be1d46153b65fcf00a0d0d183d.jpg

Thanks for the response but please forgive my ignorance. I'm trying to figure out how this is going to connect. This is what I have
e23b7b65022eb4296dd3200a67a5a887.jpg

The metering valve is 1/4" and the solenoid is 1/8 female. I'm thinking I'm going to need some compression fittings as well.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Back