How to keep an Idiot busy...150DD

I don't know how I've missed this tank being that I'm always lurking around. It's fantastic! Like everyone else has said, your photo skills are great too. Looking forward to more pics and progression updates. Great job!

Holy sweetness gotta love that macro lens. Great pictures pat. Anyone with a dslr and a fish tank with no macro is just missing out on all the detail. Best lens I bought yet keep the shots coming

Yeah I had something of a macro on the old camera. man I missed it.

Sch-weet!

As Franky said, keep 'em coming!

Thanks I'm taking more as often as I can!

Nice work Pat, great pics! I just picked a tamron 90mm macro myself, definitely gets your attention back on the tank.

I saw what you just posted, they're sharp!

very exiting, i have to say ive been seeing more and more great pictureslately. my question is will i see some sweet CTOTM?

usefull~ these are stellar! very nice.

It's great how many reefers are getting good cameras isn't it? I was surprised how many nice tanks came out of hiding with bfishlponds fts thread. I'm hoping that this contest brings out some more.

Tank is incredible useful, that ORA hawkins colony is beautiful, one of my favorite corals!

Thanks, I grew that from 3 polyps. I posted progression shots in the sps forum awhile ago.

He has my vote for CTOTM

Thanks, glad you had the time to stop by this week.

I don't know how I've missed this tank being that I'm always lurking around. It's fantastic! Like everyone else has said, your photo skills are great too. Looking forward to more pics and progression updates. Great job!

Thanks. I try not to update too often so it's a good read. Although sometimes I post the same corals over and over again just because I like them that much.

Stunning Pics!! I love the Pic of the Bangaii Cardinal! The pic of the JOL Lepto, Amazing to say the least! Great tank, I have got to see this in person.... Has my vote for CTOTM as well. Keep up the amazing work and beautiful pics.:rollface:

Looks great!!!

Stunning Pics!! I love the Pic of the Bangaii Cardinal! The pic of the JOL Lepto, Amazing to say the least! Great tank, I have got to see this in person.... Has my vote for CTOTM as well. Keep up the amazing work and beautiful pics.:rollface:

Thanks!

The last few pics for now, I'll keep practicing with this macro and see what it can do.

Here you can see how much I lost on some of my lps, still not sure what happened but it stopped.

No way you took that fts with a macro lol what you do stand in the other room

No I used the stock 18-135 for that one. And looking at it closer its kinda blurry. Don't zoom in on it lol.

Awesome pics! What are you using or post editing?

A Canon t5i with either the stock lense or macro listed above on a tripod with a remote shutter. I shoot in raw and edit with lightroom 5. If I take a good pic I only have to adjust white balance and sometimes exposure which are most of the ones I'll actually post. The reds and orange can oversaturate just a little and I haven't figured out how to tone them down without losing the true color of the rest of the pic. And there's certain shades of blue I can't capture or recreate in lightroom. The pics I shoot with only the t5 bulbs on seem to come out the best. Looking at some of the macros in the sps forum there's something I'm doing wrong, their pics are a lot sharper than mine.

Thanks!

The last few pics for now, I'll keep practicing with this macro and see what it can do.

Here you can see how much I lost on some of my lps, still not sure what happened but it stopped.

Since it flipped to a new page I'm going to do a quote to bring them back. :)

Pictures look great to me, and the tank is simply fantastic. What T5 bulb combo do you use when taking the pictures?

Thanks.

Thanks. In the pics with my old camera I was running 4 coral+ 2 blue+. All the pics with the new camera are 4 blue + 2 coral plus+. I was hoping for a change in coral coloration with the new combo but it looks the same to me other than being more blue.

Looking at some of the macros in the sps forum there's something I'm doing wrong, their pics are a lot sharper than mine.

I know exactly what you mean lol. I can't capture blue either my Hawkins and and blue tort are the hardest to capture even my blue maxima at times. I think you have an advantage being able to shoot too downs renders better colors. Shooting through the glass at blue sucks. I think the sensors are not designed for that range of blue. Either pics still look great keep them coming

frankyrivera;22229066 I think you have an advantage being able to shoot too downs renders better colors. [/QUOTE said:
Definitely, top down for looking or shooting is much better.

Great shots Pat! Your tank is incredible

Thanks!

So I found out the reason you can turn the IS on and off is because when you use a tripod you're supposed to turn it off.:headwally: A little more research and I found out locking the mirror in settings helps too.

Any pix of that turquoise stag I got from you? Awesome shots.

Thanks, there's a pic of that in post #115 4th pic down. I have the hardest time getting the camera to get the color of it. I'll try again with different lights on and see what I can do. It's finally starting to branch out pretty decent for me.

Back