How to keep an Idiot busy...150DD

Awesome pics Patrick, I really need to try and drop by one of these days.
Yeah you should, don't wait too long I'm listing the house for sale in March. Otherwise you'll have to wait 2 years for it to be setup again.

Beautiful. Love that cap shot, those things are huge.
Thanks. I won't be placing those so high up again too much shade underneath.
Patrick your shots are sick man I love that reflection shot I need to come over and see this beast in person we can talk tanks and cameras lol
Yeah let me know when. I need to know what macro lens and tripod to buy I could use your imput.
your tank is very impressive.

have you read the sps feeding thread by biggles in the SPS forum?
the coral don't seem to feed on fish waist at all. not criticizing in the least, just asking for discussion.
Thanks yours is even better from what I hear. I've read most of that thread. I think I've read almost every thread on rc. I know he tried to feed detritus but I consider that different than fresh fish poo. Its either that or bacteria related to the amount of fish waste in the water column. I like the saying a tank that has 2 fish and .04 phosphate isn't gonna have as good colors as the same tank with 16 fish and .04 phosphate. And there's a few totm that say high import high export as far as food goes. So for me it is related provided that all other parameters are within range.

Yeah you should, don't wait too long I'm listing the house for sale in March. Otherwise you'll have to wait 2 years for it to be setup again.

Thanks. I won't be placing those so high up again too much shade underneath.

Yeah let me know when. I need to know what macro lens and tripod to buy I could use your imput.

Thanks yours is even better from what I hear. I've read most of that thread. I think I've read almost every thread on rc. I know he tried to feed detritus but I consider that different than fresh fish poo. Its either that or bacteria related to the amount of fish waste in the water column. I like the saying a tank that has 2 fish and .04 phosphate isn't gonna have as good colors as the same tank with 16 fish and .04 phosphate. And there's a few totm that say high import high export as far as food goes. So for me it is related provided that all other parameters are within range.

Better? I think not..Lol beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. And every heathy reef out there has it's own elegant beauty, from mushrooms to sps I love them all.

This to me has to be the money shot not only do u get a fts from the front but you get a reflected top down view from the water surface. That is one fine shot

F956A032-0D0A-4EFF-847E-10B36ABF55FE-9156-0000063791B4C6D5_zps3dd52393.jpg

Better? I think not..Lol beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. And every heathy reef out there has it's own elegant beauty, from mushrooms to sps I love them all.
I agree a healthy reef of any species is beautiful. Although I haven't seen it in person yours is spoken of highly by all I've talked too.

All I can say is WOW!!!! Very nice...totally envious :)

Thanks!

This to me has to be the money shot not only do u get a fts from the front but you get a reflected top down view from the water surface. That is one fine shot
Thanks Franky. I have a side shot too.

Very nice bro. The hard work is paying off!
Thanks Rob. So if you didn't hear Heather asked Ashley if I was upset with not being able to work on the tank as much since Noelle was born. Ashley looked at her and replied "what makes you think he spends any less time on the tank?" LOL

Beautiful! Seeing stuff like this makes me want to come out of retirement. Keep up the great work, Patrick!
Thanks Scott There's a whole bunch of us hoping that happens sooner than later.

Your tank is absolutely incredible. I too have a 150DD but it is not even in your league. At times I have been overwhelmed trying to build it up so I have dabbled with the idea of selling it but seeing your tank really inspires me to keep up the fight. I did end up ditching the canopy because I really enjoy the top down view and it simplifies the setup a little bit. I think I am most in awe of your great rock work. I had an issue with my smaller setup so I had to quickly transfer 40 additional pounds in there and it has ended up as a giant mountain of live rock instead of the great structure you have in place.

Sorry, no real point other than to say thanks for sharing. It is absolutely one of the more stunning tanks I have seen and the fact it shares the same dimensions of mine makes it all the more interesting. I will definitely be following along in the future.

Gorgeous Tank , Great pictures.

Thanks.

Your tank is absolutely incredible. I too have a 150DD but it is not even in your league. At times I have been overwhelmed trying to build it up so I have dabbled with the idea of selling it but seeing your tank really inspires me to keep up the fight. I did end up ditching the canopy because I really enjoy the top down view and it simplifies the setup a little bit. I think I am most in awe of your great rock work. I had an issue with my smaller setup so I had to quickly transfer 40 additional pounds in there and it has ended up as a giant mountain of live rock instead of the great structure you have in place.

Sorry, no real point other than to say thanks for sharing. It is absolutely one of the more stunning tanks I have seen and the fact it shares the same dimensions of mine makes it all the more interesting. I will definitely be following along in the future.

Thanks. I did redo my rockwork 17 times at first causing a lot of aggrevation. Now that the corals have grown in I'm stuck with the 40's on the side of the tank which I didn't want to do. I too have had a lot of problems with reefing in the last 4 years. But that's part of why I enjoy this hobby it keeps me thinking. Like a puzzle you will never completely solve with rules that always change. I've tried running the tank on every different method I've read about just to see what happens. Ultimately copying the totm's I like have given the best results. And I've lost some nice wild pieces I don't think I'll ever find again. I Had one that was coloring up like a pearlberry then the polyps turned orange. Then i lost it.Currently the cali tort a few pages back is down to a 1" frag that won't encrust. And I try to keep any maintenance automatic if possible. Its more stable and why do anything manually when you can be watching the tank instead? I took down my 2 freshwater planted tanks and got rid of all my reptiles so I could concentrate on this one tank. It makes the problems I do have less stressful because I have the time to search for solutions.

New lens!

New lens!

I got a macro! Cannon 100mm f2/8L IS. I haven't been this excited about my reef since I got two mp40's. Little bit of learning to do but here's some first attempts.

Holy sweetness gotta love that macro lens. Great pictures pat. Anyone with a dslr and a fish tank with no macro is just missing out on all the detail. Best lens I bought yet keep the shots coming

Nice work Pat, great pics! I just picked a tamron 90mm macro myself, definitely gets your attention back on the tank.

very exiting, i have to say ive been seeing more and more great pictureslately. my question is will i see some sweet CTOTM?

usefull~ these are stellar! very nice.

Back