id help please

Briney Dave

I have a 27 hex that I set up last year and have mostly set it on the back burner. Debating a final theme

The tank is stocked with live sand, live rock and a limited number of softies on the lower end. (no fish)

Anyway, today I notice a creature that I have never seen before. The rock wall has a ton of little hidding spots so it is easier to happen than it sounds

the critter has a black body, is somewhat elongated, and what appears to be a flat bottom (although not certain)

the body is armed with pinkish brown tenticles or spines (not too sure but they look flexible)

My first guess is a slug of some sort but I am very uncertain

I will try to short cut some of the filtering and software limits here at school to post a picture after I bring my rebel from home.

any ideas now??

no, I don't think it is a worm. The body is almost as wide as long. The tenticle like appendages are not paired or limited to a lateral position.
I know it is all but impossible without a picture
I was wondering if someone knew of a link to an id page that might be able to help

no segments, the arms seem a littl too long for a cuke but I can't rule that out.

Thanks a bunch for mel's link I was looking but could not find it.
all my links are wiped out at the end of the school year and I forgot to write that one down

70995resized_molluska_3.jpg

Here is the image of the critter that appeared the other day. I am guessing a slug/nudi but I am not certain and have no idea of its name and nature

help please

Any chance you can make that just a little bit bigger? that pic is 10k and I think you have a 50k limit.

I will try, one of my students did the modifying. I could not get any smaller that about 950kb. I am not used to working with images that small. I usually shoot in RAW or the high end jpeg

If you look in my gallery I think it is a little bigger appearing.

You can use MS Paint to resize photos by clicking "image" and then click "stretch/scew" and then enter a percent of the original that you would like to make the new image. If you have a 100kb file and want to make it 50kb try 50% on the horiz and 50% vert. Then you can check the size by clicking "attributes".

Anyway, could this be your guy?

>>>LINK<<<

315_seagoddess.jpg

HTH
-- Kevin

I saw the link and that drawing sure looks like what I have but in the big tank I have Tuxedos and that is nothing close

do they change that much as they develop???

Back