if money wasnt an issue, what is the one fish you would get?

At this other tiny isolated place... larger than St. Paul's but still tiny... and nowhere near Brazil... :)

isolationisle.jpg

I've been to the Dry Tortugas. I saw some beautiful Queens there, but they were just your normal beautiful Queens. Nothing abnormal about the ones I saw. Maybe I need to go back and look a little closer.:hmm2:

earlei wrasse...
and i was hoping for a angel...:hammer:

did you bought them? you are not a wrasse man..

That's John Earle, no?? he holds the namesake for the fish if I'm not mistaken.

Bingo and bingo... John's an amazing person... incredibly intelligent and has contributed a ton to ichthyology and deep diving despite not being professionally trained (he's a retired Hawaiian Airlines pilot that graduated from Princeton). He collected the holotype C. earlei... and is thus the namesake... auem I am not getting these specimens although I love the species... it's no angel, but the photo above of the four of us was taken in John Earle's apartment in '07 ( a sweet spread overlooking Waikiki)... I happened to be on Oahu when a program aired that they starred in called Expedition Pacific Abyss... Rich Pyle, John Earle, and Brian Greene were the rebreather divers in the documentary... what a pleasure it was watching it for the first time with those guys... what a soup of knowledge in that room! In the documentary there were many amazing shots including showing the collection and capture of the one and only Centropyge abei (the most recently discovered angelfish species) on display in the world... still alive and kicking and available to be seen at the Waikiki Aquarium for just $7... :) Here's a shot I took of him...

abei.jpg

Copps

i have seen that program copps...it was spell bounding....only drawback being that robotic suit brian greene tried...
that's a spectacular photo of abei...:fish1:

and here is the video of one that just showed up at b-box (probably same collector)

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/s9LHRySIogw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yup... same collector... the collector that didn't even know what he found... what a pot of gold to stumble into...

conspict angel ....

I just cant convince myself to pay that much lol I hope someone buys it for me :p haha

The wrought iron butterflyfish on DD for $2500 or a sohal tang with my dream 1200 gallon tank. The achilles tang wouln't be a bad idea either! Hmmm sooo hard to choose because I like the bright neon blue color on both the queen and scribbled angelfish which in my book are expensive.

Back