If You Are New to Reef Central, Introduce Yourself Here!

Not new, but it's been a long time

Not new, but it's been a long time

It has been several years, but I am ready, again, to dip back into the reef scene. I have a 75 gallon tank with old sand and rock that I plan to reuse. I threw away all my old equipment and am researching new better quality equipment than I had previously. I also want to do a sump/refuge this go round. I have a 29 gallon tank I considered using, but I think I want to go bigger. I look forward to reading the forums again and learning what I need to do better than I did in the past. It's exciting!

Hi! Just getting started

Hi! Just getting started

I'm Tiffany from N. VA. I have been researching for about 2 years and finally bought a RSR 250 v3. I have had it about 2 months and finally tested it last weekend for any leaks. I have a ton of buckets I bought from a restaurant to initially mix salt and add to tank to start cycling. I plan to use Instant Ocean salt mix. I have a RODI system and booster I will set up as needed to make and store RODI. Here is my stock list I plan to have:

Captive bred Mandarin or pair
2x fake clowns
1x blue dotted jawfish
4x cardinals
1x leopard wrasse
1x tamini Tang
1x flame angel
1x Catalina goby
CUC

Not sure on corals but, thinking zoanthids, mushrooms, toadstools, xenia to start

Hoping to get water started this weekend! Am I missing anything? Any advice? Thank you!

Hello, I'm John. Yesterday I had my first dive in Egypt, Dahab. I Dived to a depth of 4 meters with an instructor. I really liked it, I think I found a new hobie. I'm thinking of going to a diving school right now.

I look forward to reading the forums again and learning what I need to do better than I did in the past. It's exciting!

You'll find a lot more natural approaches now.

Captive bred Mandarin or pair
2x fake clowns
1x blue dotted jawfish
4x cardinals
1x leopard wrasse
1x tamini Tang
1x flame angel
1x Catalina goby
CUC

The mandarin will be the challenge. If the seller can show you that they eat frozen, then they might be ok.

Hello, I'm John. Yesterday I had my first dive in Egypt, Dahab

Would be great if you had pics of that local reef.

Would be great if you had pics of that local reef.

Sure, here are some photos:
view

view

Not sure if this was the right place to comment.

I'm Nathan. I've been into freshwater fish/breeding for a few years now. Only recently dipped my toe into a marine setup, to keep peacock mantis shrimp. My tank is basic at the moment, but in the near future I should hopefully have something kinda decent going.

Hi, From Washington State
About to start saltwater Aquarium. I decided to start reefing because as I go along I would to like to know Zoas and different kind of saltwater fish. My favorite fish so far is clown fish.

Sent from my REVVL V+ 5G using Tapatalk

Hi, From Washington State
About to start saltwater Aquarium. I decided to start reefing because as I go along I would to like to know Zoas and different kind of saltwater fish. My favorite fish so far is clown fish.

Sent from my REVVL V+ 5G using Tapatalk

Welcome to Reef Central!

My 2nd Post

My 2nd Post

Hi All
Peter here.
I actually joined in 2004 when I was helping a friend with his 4ft tank.
I hope I retained some knowledge.
Finally got my own tank after 17 years.
Minireef 120 Now on day 4

Hello folks!

I have a lot of experience in planted freshwater tanks but zero experience with saltwater. I was at the Baltimore Aquarium and saw seahorses with live seagrass earlier in the year and it really inspired me. Really wanting to do a seahorse with seagrass tank. Doing some searches online it seems there are some members here with experience with seagrass. Really looking forward to learning how to make it happen.

Hello folks!

I have a lot of experience in planted freshwater tanks but zero experience with saltwater. I was at the Baltimore Aquarium and saw seahorses with live seagrass earlier in the year and it really inspired me. Really wanting to do a seahorse with seagrass tank. Doing some searches online it seems there are some members here with experience with seagrass. Really looking forward to learning how to make it happen.

Welcome to RC!

I'm sure you've seen this...
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35

Hello all! My name is Trevor Stratton and I am brand new to the hobby. I recently set up a 30 gallon tank and am waiting for it to cycle before adding a couple of clownfish. I'm here to hopefully learn helpful tips that will aid me through my development in the hobby and maybe meet some great people along the way!

Hello all! My name is Trevor Stratton and I am brand new to the hobby. I recently set up a 30 gallon tank and am waiting for it to cycle before adding a couple of clownfish. I'm here to hopefully learn helpful tips that will aid me through my development in the hobby and maybe meet some great people along the way!

Welcome Trevor. I'm glad you found us.

Hello everyone I do you you aficionados and experts have patience during my beginners curved. I started this new found hobby by accident and found out I love it and love learning about it as well.

Back