If You Are New to Reef Central, Introduce Yourself Here!

Hey there all. I am getting back into the hobby after a long time out. My previous tank was only 40g and this time I went with a very large 200g. Upon my return I noticed there are a lot of changes and I realized how much I forgot. So I am now considering myself a new reefer again. Haha Day 1 Cycling started Feb 9, 2022

Attachments

• photo411811.jpg
    photo411811.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
Hi! I'm Nayev. I'm a new reefer and have a 29-gallon tank with a yellow watchman goby, a tiger pistol shrimp, some cleanup crew, and 2 black darwin clownfish. I've had my little goby for about a month now and I was just curious when he would become full size if anyone knows? I know that's a super short amount of time but I'm just really excited for him not to be so small so I just wanted to see if anyone knew since I couldn't find the answer online. A year maybe? A few months? Do I need to change his diet? He currently just eats the new life spectrum thera +A pellets twice a day.

I'm also curious about something else...I also have a green bubble tip anemone. I got it with the clownfish but it's not green...? It's like a light pink/peach color with little pink dots on the tips. I told my supplier twice that I wanted the green one and I watched them grab it so I'm sure it's not a rose bulb or something but does anyone know when they actually turn green? Do they need color enhancing supplements like corals or as they grow they develop their color?

Ok! Last thing for the night! Sorry, don't mean to spam- just new with a lot of curiosities. So, obviously, I want my paired black darwin clownfish to host the bta. I wasn't able to do the separation method before putting them in my tank because I didn't have enough equipment or a separate tank to keep them stable and after being in a bag for a few hours I just wanted to get them in my tank. Anyway, I've tried the (silly) photo on the tank method, guiding them towards it with a scraper or net, catching them, and hand releasing. One thing I saw from a popular reefer was using an acrylic tube over the anemone and then putting the clownfish in the tube to go right to the anemone. Acrylic is so expensive and I don't want to remove my bta to put them in a separation box or possibly irritate him with the acrylic tube because he's really comfy on heavy live rock. Let me know if you guys have any suggestions.

Hello, I'm Drake. I'm new to the hobby. I'm about to start using my dad's 120 gallon tank that we never got set up, and was wondering if there was any tips I should know for this hobby?

I've had my little goby for about a month now and I was just curious when he would become full size if anyone knows? I know that's a super short amount of time but I'm just really excited for him not to be so small so I just wanted to see if anyone knew since I couldn't find the answer online. A year maybe? A few months? Do I need to change his diet? He currently just eats the new life spectrum thera +A pellets twice a day.

Do you know what kind of goby it is? They are small fish even when mature.

I'm also curious about something else...I also have a green bubble tip anemone. I got it with the clownfish but it's not green...? It's like a light pink/peach color with little pink dots on the tips. I told my supplier twice that I wanted the green one and I watched them grab it so I'm sure it's not a rose bulb or something but does anyone know when they actually turn green? Do they need color enhancing supplements like corals or as they grow they develop their color?

We have a forum dedicated to Anemones & Clownfish here

https://forum.reefcentral.com/forum/marine-fish-forums/anemones-clownfish

You will probably get better responses by starting a new topic there.

Back