Karl's 100G Build Thread

Yea its been a while, never like doing it because I feel like Im not very good at it.

Coincidentally enough it brings me to my last photo, my midas blenny. His name: "Franky"

DSC01842_zpsb07e99c6.jpg

Looks like Franky's on time out sitting on the rock with a pout lol love the tank bro. Nice fish too can I have him back jk

Nice pics! I'm glad to see that your clam is still doing well. I know that a few people had some issues with those huge clams.

Thanks Bob.

Yea I have heard mixed reviews regarding their survival rate as well. For once maybe I got lucky!

Love the yellow gorgonian! Looking great. I think we need a reset on the template for that cover for you. If you can scan one, or give me measurements, I'll be happy to cut it this week for you, and even deliver it

Hey Karl,

The tank looks great... The possi I bought from you is doing great. The only bad thing is it spawns every 3rd full moon. Every 2 months I'm killing off babies all over to tank :) I'm gong to give you a call, as I'm thinking Apex, but a little intimidated by the set up and all the threads I've been reading on RC.

Skip

Tank is looking great! Very clean look, just the way I like. All you guys with all those sweet looking zoas is making me want to do some. I like the growth your getting on the setosa too. Mine has grown very little. What macro lens are you using for your close ups?

Hey Karl,

The tank looks great... The possi I bought from you is doing great. The only bad thing is it spawns every 3rd full moon. Every 2 months I'm killing off babies all over to tank :) I'm gong to give you a call, as I'm thinking Apex, but a little intimidated by the set up and all the threads I've been reading on RC.

Skip

Yeah I still have plenty of that pocillopora left in my tank as well and I "prune" most of it every few weeks. Who knew an SPS could grow like that, wish it was the case with my acros!

In all honesty, I found the apex to be extremely easy to set up. Granted I'm not doing complex programming like being able to do daily water changes etc, but the basics have been a breeze.

Tank is looking great! Very clean look, just the way I like. All you guys with all those sweet looking zoas is making me want to do some. I like the growth your getting on the setosa too. Mine has grown very little. What macro lens are you using for your close ups?

Zoos are just another addiction haha. Yea the setosa has been a great grower for me, has crazy color. Actually I don't have a macro, yet. Just stock lens on my Sony Dslr.

Love the yellow gorgonian! Looking great. I think we need a reset on the template for that cover for you. If you can scan one, or give me measurements, I'll be happy to cut it this week for you, and even deliver it

Think that I still saw one of them at the store last time I was there. It was my first gorgonian but I def want more. Yea ill have to get you a template, my plexi glass cover keeps warping. Delivery included? What an offer!

Very nice setup love the chalices are the growing over the top of the sand? I'm always worried the sand is going to cover mine

Very nice setup love the chalices are the growing over the top of the sand? I'm always worried the sand is going to cover mine

I have a coarser grade sand so it doesn't blow around much. That being said, they do occasionally get sand on them but they are very efficient at removing it. When I had sugary sand in my last tank I did lose a couple due to pistol burying them for hours. I have also noticed that some grow better like plates more then others ie Miami.

Filling in nicely! How long have you had that sponge?

Thanks Scott. I've had the sponge for about 2 months. The guy I bought it from said he had it for over 4. So far so good. It's not the fanciest of pieces but I feel it adds an interesting background element.

Ive come to the conclusion that its way tougher to photograph fish than coral, but here are a few shots none the less.

DSC01873_zpsf068949c.jpg

DSC01878_zps72685aea.jpg

DSC01876_zps9c3c7a65.jpg

DSC01875_zps773ae3e1.jpg

Back