Kessil A360WE

Kessil is coming out with their own controller in the next month or two. It might be the better option and cheaper is all you are after in controlling the lights

Has anyone esle noticed or feel any concern. I find the power supply(ballast) get really hot. To the point I have decided to rig up a old icecap fan with temperature senser over them to try and keep them cooler. Not really sure if this is needed but I was just supprised.

Has anyone esle noticed or feel any concern. I find the power supply(ballast) get really hot. To the point I have decided to rig up a old icecap fan with temperature senser over them to try and keep them cooler. Not really sure if this is needed but I was just supprised.

Mine get hot as well but haven't had any issues with the power supply.

The power supply is reducing the voltage from 120VAC to the working DC voltage of the light. You'd feel the same amount of heat from any transformer performing this same task.

Pick up the power adapter from any laptop. It's hot.

A fan is NOT needed. You're just wasting electricity by running them.

I got 2 big heatsinks and sandwiched the power supply. So the power supply are warm but not hot.

81e5c668c08d1e3153718d713d7e759e_zps113c040b.jpg

That is a cool idea with the heat sinks. I have all of 5 of mine in the channel on the back of my canopy. Its just a u channel design so totally open. This allow me to put the fan, which is just a large computer fan to blow down the down the channel. Its seems to keep them just warm.
Reefvet, sorry. I work with computers and laptops all day long. Those power supplies get no where near has hot as these do. You may be right that is nothing to worry. I am sure its not but for the cost of a tiny fan or doing that heat sink idea, is that really a problem.
Personally I love these kessil although for my size of tank and what I am using them for I wish I had gone the narrow ones.

my ati led powermodule is hot the instant i turn it on. i can feel the heat through the alluminum shield with the t5's off. leds just get super hot like all other forms of lighting. operation shouldn't be an issue especially with the power supply heating up

Hi guys im getting a kessil A360WE tuna blue. i just want to ask if how many i need for my tank. ive read in this thread i think 3 units is enough for my tank.
my Tank size is
200 cm (78.7in) Length
75 cm (29.5in) Width
85 cm (33.4in) Height

i just want to know also with the height of my tank how many inches would be the Gap for the Light and for the water?

thanks very much and more power.

Hi guys im getting a kessil A360WE tuna blue. i just want to ask if how many i need for my tank. ive read in this thread i think 3 units is enough for my tank.
my Tank size is
200 cm (78.7in) Length
75 cm (29.5in) Width
85 cm (33.4in) Height

i just want to know also with the height of my tank how many inches would be the Gap for the Light and for the water?

thanks very much and more power.

Kessil specifically says to use 1 for every 24" of length and it's good for up to 3' of penetration. So, with that said, 3 would be the minimum that you'd want to use but you could most certainly go with 4.

I recently switch to Kessils over my 72" tank. I decided to go with four and I am very happy.

I think many people have trouble with LEDs because they don't use enough.

Looks like I will be joining the Kessil group.. I've got 8 360WE's in route for my 48" x 96" x 24" tall mixed reef. I'm making the move from Reeftech LED's that have served me well for the last few years but I am looking forward to getting these set up as well as the added lighting control provided by my Apex.

They will be mounted with articulating mounts attached to my light rack/electric lift. I'll be able to raise and lower them with the push of a button as well as aim them where needed to maximize their spread in my tank. Control will be handled by my Apex.

I should have them setup within the next several days and will post some pictures once I have them set up.

Looks like I will be joining the Kessil group.. I've got 8 360WE's in route for my 48" x 96" x 24" tall mixed reef. I'm making the move from Reeftech LED's that have served me well for the last few years but I am looking forward to getting these set up as well as the added lighting control provided by my Apex.

They will be mounted with articulating mounts attached to my light rack/electric lift. I'll be able to raise and lower them with the push of a button as well as aim them where needed to maximize their spread in my tank. Control will be handled by my Apex.

I should have them setup within the next several days and will post some pictures once I have them set up.

:bounce3::bounce3::bounce3::bounce3:

just want to raise again my question as it was not answered.

what would be the distance of my kessil light to the water?

I am about 7" off the water. The instructions recommended 12". I have searched around and most seam to be somewhere between 6" and 10"

I think it really depends on what you want to keep. Since I am mainly wanting to keep sps. I have mine about 7-8 inch above the water line. I found when I had them 10 inches above it was to much light bleed outside the tank and it was not getting enough par down near the bottom of the tank.

i think it really depends on what you want to keep. Since i am mainly wanting to keep sps. I have mine about 7-8 inch above the water line. I found when i had them 10 inches above it was to much light bleed outside the tank and it was not getting enough par down near the bottom of the tank.
+1

Back