Kessil A360WE

Here is what it looks like so far.
e4ehyhy6.jpg

That looks good but I dont care for your aquascape lol

The Pukani took up more room than I thought, I just plan on covering every thing in coral anyway.

I have pikani. You have to break it apart. Dont be afraid of not using it all. I had a lot left over. _20140307_182705.jpg

Also, those rocks in the middle will be removed once I get my clam in there lol

Here's a thought. If the lights are linked together thus adjusting one adjusts them all so they are I'm sync, would it work to use one controllable 360 as the master connected to a controller and then use 350s as slaves? Might be a way to save a few $ since the 350 is cheaper and on the used market an even better deal.

Here's a thought. If the lights are linked together thus adjusting one adjusts them all so they are I'm sync, would it work to use one controllable 360 as the master connected to a controller and then use 350s as slaves? Might be a way to save a few $ since the 350 is cheaper and on the used market an even better deal.

For one, you wouldn't really save money because they're the same price I'm sure, and you wouldn't be able to link them because they have different programming, also, they have different color

For one, you wouldn't really save money because they're the same price I'm sure, and you wouldn't be able to link them because they have different programming, also, they have different color

Ok makes sense. I bought 3 360Ws for my 180 but reading this thread got me to thinking maybe it would work with a 350 as a slave. If so would have possible picked up a used 350 as a spare. Thanks.

I am mounting them in a canopy. I have the mounts in now and will be adding the lights in the morning and turning them on. Right now I have one mounted dead center of the tank then the outside ones 18" from the center one. The leaves about 18" to the side glass from each out one. That should work out well with my aquascapimg also. Of course once I see them I may adjust but for now that is the plan.

I need some help in deciding if a couple A360we's will be a good fit to supplement my 2-250w Radiums. With how my tank and lighting is set-up I honestly can't think of another way to add supplements that will keep a semi clean look other than Kessils. The tank is 50x26x20 and I want the kessils soley to add more blue into the tank and for a dawn/dusk effect. Would two of these fixtures give me what I'm looking for?

My tank when first started: Looks bluer than in person.

I would mount the kessils either on the eurobrace or on the 80/20 extrusions that the MH's hang from and sorta angle them around so that they aren't directly under the MH's.

I need some help in deciding if a couple A360we's will be a good fit to supplement my 2-250w Radiums. With how my tank and lighting is set-up I honestly can't think of another way to add supplements that will keep a semi clean look other than Kessils. The tank is 50x26x20 and I want the kessils soley to add more blue into the tank and for a dawn/dusk effect. Would two of these fixtures give me what I'm looking for?

My tank when first started: Looks bluer than in person.

I would mount the kessils either on the eurobrace or on the 80/20 extrusions that the MH's hang from and sorta angle them around so that they aren't directly under the MH's.

I'm not so sure, they only dim to about 15% then off. They are very blue and small, so it wouldn't hurt at all. I am almost willing to bet later after getting them on that you like the Kessil better than the 250 MH, I do.

I run kessils on a 30" deep tank and love them. I have no problem keeping clams (crocea, maxima and deresa) or corals on the bottom.

Now you mention the price. I think the reality is that in most applications, 2 kessils is better than one.

Hello Reefdoberman

Question for you? I have two Kessil 360s They work great however I have not been able to keep clam alive, everything ells in my tank is doing great, Water parameters look good, I tested today before my water change and the Calk is at 420, should it be higher for clams could that be the problem? i use oyster feast to feed it. in any case I am on my 4th clam now and I would love to be able to keep it alive.
any help or suggestions would be great.

Thank You

Hello Reefdoberman

Question for you? I have two Kessil 360s They work great however I have not been able to keep clam alive, everything ells in my tank is doing great, Water parameters look good, I tested today before my water change and the Calk is at 420, should it be higher for clams could that be the problem? i use oyster feast to feed it. in any case I am on my 4th clam now and I would love to be able to keep it alive.
any help or suggestions would be great.

Thank You

Move it up higher.
Check for predetors
Could be acclimation issues

Back