Let's see some table acros

kalare

I'll be honest, I've been keeping reefs for going over 10 years but I'm not so good with species, I pretty much just put it in my tank if I like how it looks...

Well, I'm starting a smaller tank now, and am hoping to do some coral aquascaping, kinda "amano" esque. If you're also into freshwater planted, you'll probably know what i mean.

Anyways, I'm looking to do some table acros and would like to see some examples and species names, and since RC search never works and the database is so extensive, I thouht I'd post a new thread.

The only two that I know are efflos and solis. I've heard A. cytherea and hyacithus table as well, but have not seen pictures. Anyways...elighten me!

miniimg00115cb.jpg

Top table: A. Hyacinthus

Botton table: A. Divarcata

Thanks for the posts so far...nice acros. If you may pls post species though, I think it'd be a great reference for all of us!

Here are few of my babies_____
102796PC220186__Custom_.JPG
Pastel green ( CAROLINIANA ), dead center, Blue Tort. Oregon, Turning into a table, must be my flow, Top,Table Humils , below and Red Cythera, right hand corner.

Re: Let's see some table acros

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6479042#post6479042 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by kalare

Well, I'm starting a smaller tank now, and am hoping to do some coral aquascaping, kinda "amano" esque. If you're also into freshwater planted, you'll probably know what i mean.

I do know what you mean, how do you plan to translate that to an SPS reef though? A picture of this does not easily jump to the mind.

A lot of Amano scapes are like what you would find in nature, you can "picture" yourself in the tank, like being in a forest, memories of camping, and wilderness. Could you give an idea how you plan to translate this "feeling" to a SW tank? Do you have a picture of a tank that you feel has done this?

Very intreging idea, I would like to be able to picture it.

Thanks,
Whiskey

I don't have a picture of a tank that i feel has done this...cause simply put, it's not a really common thing. Most people fill their tanks with beautiful corals for that sps "garden" look. I'm going to try to limit the species of corals and keep a flowing look going on. This will be VERY hard in a 30g tank. I want to keep just tables and stags...with stags above the tables. That's it. If my it fits, and i'll have to see, i may stick a monti cap in there, but i'm not sure about it at this point. If space permits, I'd also like to keep some low growing acro inbetween the tables and stags, but this may become too jumbled and i might end up with a stadard tank. I'm planning on keeping a small school of threadfin cardinals, a small angel and perhaps one blenny or goby to perch in the acros. That's it. It will not be the typical rock wall, but rather start at the back and sort of slope up to the center ledge where the stags will be located in the center of the tank (cube). The tables will be below this.

Sorry for the bad description....i'll take a while, but i'm set on making it work. At this point I'm thinking A. hyacinthus and soli. But I'm not sure, which is why I'm asking people to shower me with table acro pics and species!

Thanks for the help so far!

Heres my 11 inch soli plate/table. The pic is a few mos old its grown close to an inch bigger since then so rughtly 12 inches.
I am contimplating on selling it as it takes up too much real estate, But i dunno if i can pull the trigger on that as its one of my favs.

med_gallery_30_23_540501.jpg

Back