Let's See Your Rarest Fish!

Tactics

I've caught the rare fish bug lately. I don't have many due to the size of my current tank but join me in sharing your rarest fish.

The only rule to this thread is that the fish is yours and currently residing in your tank.

Hopefully we can see some really rare beauties. Let's start!

Centropyge Interrupta

2A4A6999.JPG

2A4A6962.JPG

2A4A6934.JPG

None terribly rare, but not terribly common either...

Quoyi parrotfish:
IMG_1532-1.jpg

Gardineri butterfly (RIP :( )
Chaetodongardineri.jpg

Robustus butterfly (RIP :( )
IMG_0169-1.jpg

Pellet eating rainfordi butterfly:
IMG_0462-1.jpg

Large adult male meredithi angel:
IMG_0443-1.jpg

Ita my favorite shallowtail angel unfortunately I lose 3 pairs already because of bad clams :(

Woah, you lost THREE pairs of swallowtail angels to a CLAM?!?! They just couldn't stop picking at the mantle and you took them out? Or the clam squeezed them to death?!?!

None terribly rare, but not terribly common either...

Quoyi parrotfish:
IMG_1532-1.jpg
Beautiful. Would you mind telling a little about this fish? Like where you got it, how long you've had it, what it eats, how much it's grown, and how well it adapted? Ok, maybe that's more than "a little." But still, enquiring minds . . . I remember someone on here had one in a reef tank, but can't remember who it was or how long ago. Looks like your's is in your FO.

Beautiful. Would you mind telling a little about this fish? Like where you got it, how long you've had it, what it eats, how much it's grown, and how well it adapted? Ok, maybe that's more than "a little." But still, enquiring minds . . . I remember someone on here had one in a reef tank, but can't remember who it was or how long ago. Looks like your's is in your FO.

Thank you. Yes, he's in a FOWLR. I got him back on Nov 1, 2012. He was very well adjusted (swimming, eating normally) at the LFS. He eats pellets (HBH, NLS, ON) and various frozen mysis, plankton, etc. The pink colored frozen plankton (Hikari, Sally's) really makes him color up. He has also learned from the butterflies to eat chunks of clam when I drop those in. He does NOT scrape the live rock at all, but does eat algae off the overflow/back glass, etc. He must also eat sand when he eats the pellets, because he poops lots of sand. He isn't aggressive to other fish, and no one bothers him. I haven't noticed any growth... he's about 9" long.

He also doesn't care for me much, especially when I wear red shirts :lol:

IMG_1533-1.jpg

Nice pictures of beautiful fish!

I'm not sure which is rarest in my tank, it depends on your definition and taste, I guess.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Qc3veALbLGM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Not all fish appear in the video equally clearly, but here's the stocking list:
5 Apogon leptacanthus
12 Pseudanthias bartlettorum
1 Serranocirrhites latus
2 Liopropoma carmabi
2 Paracentropyge multifasciata
1 Chaetodontoplus septentrionalis
1 Pygoplites diacanthus
2 Chromis cyanea
2 Chaetodon mitratus
1 Doryramphus janssi
2 Amphiprion ocellaris
2 Zebrasoma flavescens
2 Z. gemmatum

I am not sure which fish I like most though :)

True Hawaiian Pair of Dragon Morays. Caught together in the wild.

Attachments

• photo (21).jpg
    photo (21).jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 0
Thank you. Yes, he's in a FOWLR. I got him back on Nov 1, 2012. He was very well adjusted (swimming, eating normally) at the LFS. He eats pellets (HBH, NLS, ON) and various frozen mysis, plankton, etc. The pink colored frozen plankton (Hikari, Sally's) really makes him color up. He has also learned from the butterflies to eat chunks of clam when I drop those in. He does NOT scrape the live rock at all, but does eat algae off the overflow/back glass, etc. He must also eat sand when he eats the pellets, because he poops lots of sand. He isn't aggressive to other fish, and no one bothers him. I haven't noticed any growth... he's about 9" long.

He also doesn't care for me much, especially when I wear red shirts :lol:

IMG_1533-1.jpg

Peter - does the sand come out the rear nice and white?:fun2:

Back