Lets see your zoanthids and palythoas!

IMG_0035.jpg

A few more:

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_0058.jpg

IMG_0062.jpg

The green polyps behind the mmumy eye chalice have an aiptasia sneaking out in the back.

I have others and will take some more pictures soon.

nice assortment, Tom!

nice assortment, Tom!

I love these things but unless it's a large colony they tend to get overlooked in my big aquarium. I still have a few cool looking ones that I got from Henry but Eileen's pinks are gone :sad2:

bluezoa_zps3af89970.jpg

Blue Palys mixed with a single stray polyp.

Is it just me or does the stray polyp look like apstasia?

Definitely not an aiptasia. I'm a touch concerned about it though. One of my first frags was 7 or 8 zoas with 3 odd teal polyps. Today the zoas are long gone but the polyps looks like an overgrown pasture (as shown in my original posting). Today they are intentionally separated to prevent further spread. I'm hoping the same doesn't happen with my blue zoas.

As a side note, it's definitely more aggressive than the others. You can see in the picture the others give it a wide berth.

I love these things but unless it's a large colony they tend to get overlooked in my big aquarium. I still have a few cool looking ones that I got from Henry but Eileen's pinks are gone :sad2:

Thanks Gary, I keep a few in the display tanks but most of them in grow out and frag tanks. I've got all kinds . That picture is from last year and covers about 25%% of them . I'm addicted to them. They do well ,but some of my fish beat on em in the larger tanks . The really seem to enjoy the organic carbon dosing, I think the bacteria are good for them. They like the halide lighting . The tank is only 12 inches deep with good flow. I think that helps.

Back