m0nkie's 560gal

When I get setup with new SW mixing container I wonder how 200g of SW will look after a few months with Fritz. Hummm.. I will have to look it up and see about others.

Im switching to this salt because it is so clean. It is the cleanest salt according to every single user review i've read.

I mixed about 50gal so far. No need for mixing pump. I used a stick and stirred for a minute and let it sit. Everything is mixed. 0 residue. A friend that's been using it for years still has a clean mixing container. Unlike mine which is browned out from residue.

And the measurements are spot on for this salt

Hmmm, I may have to make a switch and give it a try.

Im switching to this salt because it is so clean. It is the cleanest salt according to every single user review i've read.

I mixed about 50gal so far. No need for mixing pump. I used a stick and stirred for a minute and let it sit. Everything is mixed. 0 residue. A friend that's been using it for years still has a clean mixing container. Unlike mine which is browned out from residue.

And the measurements are spot on for this salt

Everybody in my reef club who uses it swears by it 100% after initial uses. Many of these guys who've got some amazing tanks are saying and being told by other members that their reefs have never looked better.

My only complaint is the box eventually becomes empty, and I have to buy another.

got the lights hung. next to finish the plumbing and do some rewiring.

Did you hit the joist when hanging your lights or just wall anchors? I have two 48" ATI Hybrids I need to hang over my future tank.

I used these lights in my old peninsula at my old house and had someone cut into the ceiling to put in backings cause I was afraid the drywall would not support the lights being hung so close to each other.

Thanks in advance and awesome build and equipment list btw. I will be starting my 330g soon and I'll have a build thread up once the tank is on order.

thank you!

I would not trust these on drywall alone. I have ceiling access and had a few pieces of 2x4 nailed onto the beams. These 4 holes are drilled into the 2x4s.

@m0nkie ur tank is amazing, and Thanx for the Fox flame and starburst. I just found this build thread, following, Gonna live vicariously through you.

Do you think a 40w UV is going to be big enough to make a difference in a tank that size? I've always wanted to run a big UV but I've been told by most in that industry that unless it's huge it isn't worth running.

@m0nkie ur tank is amazing, and Thanx for the Fox flame and starburst. I just found this build thread, following, Gonna live vicariously through you.

No problem man. Keep in touch! Love to meet folks nearby. We can trade in the future

Do you think a 40w UV is going to be big enough to make a difference in a tank that size? I've always wanted to run a big UV but I've been told by most in that industry that unless it's huge it isn't worth running.

I dont think 40w is enough. I had a 40w on a 100gal.

I feel my 80w isnt big enough.. But i really cant fit anything bigger

I use UV to keep algae down. With UV i can skip glass cleaning for weeks.. It also makes the water a little cleaner. Beside that, i really dont see much use for it. Totally a luxury good. If you do spend the money, buy a big one.

Yes big time.. They dont do much on killing bugs or ich or anything.. But they do a great job reducing algae spores. Makes your water clear and algae in check

Just keep the flow rated slow. Go based on manufacture recommendation for killing algae spores

But key is still size.. Needs to be over sized. I recommend at least 40w per 100gal

I've been using Fritz for a while and am a believer, it has so far (6 boxes in) been more consistent box to box with parameters and right on advertised. Tank is looking great, frag racks are looking full!

I've been going slow on this tank. Tank is cycling through the diatom stage now. I just put in ~100 astrea and trochus snails, couple conch and 10 cleaner/bloodred shrimps. Going to keep them in their for 3 months without any fish to eliminate any chance of ich and all that nasty stuff.

In the mean while, I'm upgrading my coral QT. the SPS are growing nicely and starting to kill each other due to lack of room...

picked up this 48x30x16 frag tank. more room for corals now :)
xUmo7qj.jpg

How is the tank doing? How are you looking your Panta-Rhei performing?

It's great! hard to hide for sure. With the honeycomb cover it's huge. But I am able to place it where it can shoot directly across the tank ~10ft. Along with my 4 sea swirls, I think I'm fine for awhile. LPS won't need anymore flow. Once SPS starts going in, I may need a 2nd unit just to create some random cross flow.

Back