MARINECRITTERS Redsea Reefer 350

Bonsai
IMG_6269_zpss17uuzk9.jpg

Update:
A lot has happened, not sure were to begin...
First off, the green carpet anemone decided to turn rogue (most of them do), it ironically ate both of my clowns and surely would eat anything else i put in the tank. It had to go.
So after massaging the anemone's foot for a good hour or two, it finally let go. I gave the anemone away for free to a local reefer with a bigger tank.

IMG_6290_zpsarwlklqu.jpg

Last edited:
I have gone ahead and added a golden dwarf moray. He is a very model citizen and eats like a pig.
IMG_6294_zps715choxs.jpg

Also added a naoko wrasse to the tank.
IMG_6384_zpsuzsqw8mw.jpg

Update:
A lot has happened, not sure were to begin...
First off, the green carpet anemone decided to turn rogue (most of them do), it ironically ate both of my clowns and surely would eat anything else i put in the tank. It had to go.
So after massaging the anemone's foot for a good hour or two, it finally let go. I gave the anemone away for free to a local reefer with a bigger tank.

IMG_6290_zpsarwlklqu.jpg

That's terrible news! How very sad. That's nature for you!

Nice pickup with the Golden Dwarf Moray. It's an amazing fish! Great personality and wonderful for reefs. Mine never bothered anything and I had some small fish and inverts. Unfortunately I found mine dried up under the couch this morning...make sure you have a tight fitting lid/screen. My tank was covered with a screen lid and he still squeezed his way out

Update!
Added a Yellow Tang, Melanarus Wrasse, and a Picasso Clown. The Naoko and Melanarus were not getting along so I decided to get rid of the Naoko. The Melanarus actually serves a purpose, he decimated all the red flatworms in my tank.
The Red Spot Cardinals did not fair very well and I lost all four within a month... definitely not going to try those again.
IMG_6435_zpsdmcddksy.jpg

IMG_6450_zpsnw0zvk6p.jpg

IMG_6440_zps2r3vlt1e.jpg

IMG_6427_zpssrapxych.jpg

IMG_6439_zpsspnoxd96.jpg

IMG_6443_zpsbaivp2fb.jpg

Added a Tiger Shark to the tank as well :)
IMG_6463_zpsmdegheny.jpg

Do you ever think, hmmm, the 450 would have maybe been better? Like second thoughts about the 350. Could you show us pics of your sump setup?

Update!
Purchased two female lyretail anthias, a Carberry Anthias, and an ORA whitespotted filefish.
I also picked up a new acropora sp. (acropora plana?)

IMG_6677_zpsl6g6cb1e.jpg

IMG_6694_zpsdo4pxapk.jpg

IMG_6698_zps6kp4kyuh.jpg

IMG_6710_zpsg2fd9ap3.jpg

Vertex Omega 130 is doing a great job so far.
IMG_6711_zpsaexoyp9r.jpg

Last edited:
So far the tank has been doing great. I have only experienced a few coral deaths - all of which I know the cause of.
The tank's parameters have been very stable: alkalinity hovering around 7.4-7.6 DKH, calcium around 420 PPM, and magnesium around 1300 PPM

My plan is to start adding zoanthids to the tank. I don't have much more room for sps (anticipating growth) and I would like to cover the lower light areas with zoas. So far I have some tyree armageddons but they have proven to be extremely slow growing. I purchased one polyp about 3 months ago and only one new polyp has grown.

IMG_6705_zpsqgzvh9yg.jpg

Back