May Meeting!

The flat worm is so hard to see. I also always dip in bayer and use a turkey baster to blast the frag. I think the bayer stuns or kills them and the blast blows them off if there are any. I didn't see any and i got a few acro frags myself. Hopefully the one Robert found was an isolated incident, but a true reminder to dip especially if you don't have a quarantine tank.

I got the Mohawk. Also the pink hippo and purple death, but I'm not familiar with fragging zoas yet.

The flat worm is so hard to see. I also always dip in bayer and use a turkey baster to blast the frag. I think the bayer stuns or kills them and the blast blows them off if there are any. I didn't see any and i got a few acro frags myself. Hopefully the one Robert found was an isolated incident, but a true reminder to dip especially if you don't have a quarantine tank.

If you're not going to qt, at least do the following with acro frags

Cut off the frag and 1/4" of healthy tissue and discard. Dip the remaining frag in Bayer and remount.

Most of the time it's not adult worms that cause an infestation, as they're destroyed in Bayer dipping protocols. The one thing that aren't affected by dips is the EGGS. This is where most problems start. By removing the place where most eggs are laid, under the base of the coral beneath the glue, you have an excellent shot at remaining pest free.

Sorry I woke up at 12:30 and had a hangover till rite now [emoji23] I'll make the next one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back