Moorish Idol at Global Aquatics

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a moorish idol from global aquatics,eating very well after 3days in my 150,i do plan to move him into a 8ft-425g tank in 5-6weeks time.Beutiful fish.

I have a moorish idol from global aquatics,eating very well after 3days in my 150,i do plan to move him into a 8ft-425g tank in 5-6weeks time.Beutiful fish.

hey Gus... 4-5 weeks is too long for that fish to stay in your current tank :) bring him by. i will hold him :fish1: and then i can give him back to you:fun2:

They say they eating but once they put food no one eats. Thats a lot for an idol considering they are a wholesaler too. They used to have great prices on everything now you can get somethings cheaper at your local pet store.

I've had this happen here. Prices have gone up & they charge taxes. All their fish are in blue water but that's not necessarily a bad thing considering the things most shops don't do to the fish they sell to us. I have bought just as many healthy fish from here as bad but the fish I have bought have been bargains. If its too much don't buy. I base my prices on liveaquaria without the shipping since I have always gotten the free shipping from them. If they beat those prices I then really think about buying it. Especially since liveaquaria offers a 14day guarantee.

+1 on better guarantees,they sell it retail to us plus taxes so it becomes expensive and not to mention that I am not sure how they collect specimens,at times fish dont eat at all,they end up dying.

+1 on better guarantees,they sell it retail to us plus taxes so it becomes expensive and not to mention that I am not sure how they collect specimens,at times fish dont eat at all,they end up dying.

It is funny you mention this because I lost 3 out of 5. I don't know if this is my fault or not but I never lost fish within 72 hours of getting it. I acclimate properly I sent an email to them so I will report back what they say.

'...place gets in trouble...." -- who?

'...place gets in trouble...." -- who?

this place gets in trouble for selling to the public with the company that ships for them locally

'...place gets in trouble...." -- who? Int'l Seaboard or Global? If Global, that's not true. The guys there are about as honest as they come.

Expensive compared to where?? Examples?
Also, you know about specimen collection at which stores/suppliers? If you really want to know for Global, just ask. Have you ever been there?

Last time i was at Global it was strictly Wholesale and Bob was selling to the public on the side so tax would not be a factor. That could have changed but is there a way for the general public to know that the tax being collected is actually going to the state? For all we know he could be writing all the fish he sells to the general public as losses on his taxes and just pocketing the cash.

Someone needs to defend these guys....
$72 for a huge Moorish Idol is great. LiveAquaria $60 for only 3.5-4.5" & they often don't have them -- not many stores do either. Someone said he paid half of that...not for one that big.
About proving a fish will eat: try feeding a fish 3-4 times in a day to prove to 3-4 people that it eats, especially after the a.m. feeding. Then, how often can you get it to eat?
A couple people mentioned tax. That's up to the state. Legality & legitimacy are important to Global.
Honestly, their prices are better overall than anywhere. True, a store might run a special, or sell a fish for cheap (often because they worry about it dying on them). As for healthy fish -- they don't get any healthier anywhere else in Chicago.
BThomas wrote all true. Great place all around!

its amazing how many guys on RC speak in 3rd person. Lots of stores prowling looking for customers & badmouthing each other!

How could it possibly be ethical to sell wholesale and to the public? I would never buy from someone that supplies me than sells to my customers at a lower price. What a POS. This is what kills your local businesses when people do back door deals like this. BTW Tom b heroe, I mean Bob or whatever other screen name you use for global aquatics. I know what your doing and its wrong. Some people might be getting a good deal, but it's at the expense of their local store. So reefers if your sad to see stores closing, stop buying from him. He's what kills this hobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back