My journey using Chloroquine Phosphate begins...

The fish generally will not eat it. The CP apparently effects the flavor enough to have my fish prefer starvation to eating.

I have used and will swear to the Dr. G's medicated food. Especially the new caviar mix they have. ALL my fish attack and eat the caviar version as soon as it hits the water. While only a few will actually gobble up the frozen food mixture. But if you mix the frozen food with garlic they all will eat it..

IMO, the Dr. G's medicated food line is really a saving grace!

Best regards,
Frank

thank You alprazo,. can you please tell me the dosage you use when orally given.I found eritromicin. should I use that or cipro?

Do I use the 40mg/g for ick or 80mg/g.My trigger is going through tt right now,and will be going in a 40 breeder for 4 weeks.

Another question,do I go ahead and add cp before or after the fish.

Add the fish first before dosing CP. Ensure the fish is eating first before dosing CP. This is standard protocol before dosing any medication - unless it's an emergency situation.

Thanks Humblefish, I put the trigger in last night and dosed 80mg/g,it has signs of ich.This morning it came out of hideing and ate.Checked it at lunch and seems normal.

For CP - I always dose 40mg per gal when treating prophylactically; 80mg per gal for cases of full-blown Ich/Velvet.

I dose only once; one & done.

The trigger is covered pretty good with ich,I am doing the one dose and done .It is eating normal today and is active,there is not as many spots this morning.

The trigger is covered pretty good with ich,I am doing the one dose and done .It is eating normal today and is active,there is not as many spots this morning.

Take pics if you can. Especially if you have some of him covered in Ich.

Before & after pics would be great for documentation purposes for this thread.

I tried to take pics,put my camera isn't that good.The spots are not showing up.
This is day 2,alot of the spots are gone,the fish is eating and acting normal.I am running a 36x12x20 qt tank with a aquaclear 110 with sponge for filtration. The tank temp is 78 and salinity is 1.026.The tank was dosed with 80mg/g of cp.I am not running any lights over tank.

Last edited:
I tried to order CP from Thomas Labs today. They have discontinued it. Does anyone have any recommendations? The other vendors carry chloroquine diphosphate. I don't know how to dose diphosphate.

I've got CP from them and the turn out was not good. I've read on previous posts that their CP is not 100%. Not to mention I talked to Mr. Fishman on 3 separate occasions and he gave me 3 different dosing regimens. I would be reluctant to use it again.

I've only ordered CP one time from them, had no problems

I tried to order CP from Thomas Labs today. They have discontinued it. Does anyone have any recommendations? The other vendors carry chloroquine diphosphate. I don't know how to dose diphosphate.

Chloroquine Diphosphate is the same thing. Contact Louis at the email I and alprazo posted earlier in the thread if you need some chloroquine phosphate.

Day 3 for the trigger,I only see a couple of spots and is eating and acting normal.I have a MI comeing in today at the lfs,would it be ok to put the MI,in qt with the trigger.I was thinking that I would start back to day 1 of qt for the trigger.The qt is dosed at 80mg/g now.

Day 3 for the trigger,I only see a couple of spots and is eating and acting normal.I have a MI comeing in today at the lfs,would it be ok to put the MI,in qt with the trigger.I was thinking that I would start back to day 1 of qt for the trigger.The qt is dosed at 80mg/g now.

Before I comment; does MI = Moorish Idol???

Back