New England Frag Farmer's Market 3/11/17

Super excited for this, the best event in New England hands down!!! Nothing else compares!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The atmosphere, people, vendors, location and the cause are epic. To see jons huge 800 gallon system and all the kids that get involved are wonderful. Glad to see that it has become the premier show in the Northeast!! Gonna post some pics in a minute!!

Here is a sampling of the fire I brought home last year. All from different vendors...they all bring the heat!!!

8375db12c02ca8757d9ed76f29aad515.jpg

ffa1cdaa5028e190d714167c36f9fabb.jpg

I just put together $500 in Frag Farmer's gift certificates to give away during the day at the FFM. Part of the FFM has always been the gift certificates that I put together that are good at ANY vendor at the FFM. Most of them will be given away at random to people coming in!

Less then three weeks. All corals cut and healing. From fire to five dollar frags you can find a great deals at this show and you can find the deal listed above at the ARKSWC table in the hallway just as you enter the show. Everything from high end Acro's and Monti's, to common and not so common inexpensive frags and corals. Jon puts on this show and I can't thank him enough. With help from his crew and students alike. Learning and love of this hobby and the biodiversity they are able to put together. helps make this show what it has become. With out the efforts of everyone behind the scenes. This couldn't be the best Show in the east. I have been to Macna, MR, Reef-a-Palooza and more. The shear volume of corals brought into E.O. Smith is incomparable to even those large events. This is by far the best and biggest show in the east. If you want it you will find it here. All I can do is thank Jon and his Crew for putting on this Wonderful Event that so many of us look forward to every year!!!

HOLY COW!!! And that is just one of the vendors for the FFM. Imagine 60 more, all in one place...

So I came into school this morning and one of the admins stops me to yell at me for all of the boxes in the office that are mine. Must be time for the FFM! This will be the biggest and best raffle that the FFM has ever seen- by far.

I have had some concerns about parking.
Parking is not as bad as people think, if you know where the lots are. There is a small lot in front of the school, which fills up quickly. There is also a lot on the left side of the school (if you are facing the front) with more spots in it. Those are the two school lots. Across the street there is a parking garage, which quite a bit of parking in it. Lastly, UConn has a big lot if you go down the road just to the right of the school and past the school just a touch- still a short walk, but you start out behind the school. With the number of restaurants and businesses that have set-up shop across the street, the parking has gotten better and better, if you know where to look! I think people just try the lot in the front of the school and that is small and fills up quick.

Minor change to the seller list, Andy from the Blue Glow is not going to be able to make it out but it makes room for Alex (143MPCo)- welcome aboard!!!

Putting together the last details for the schedule for the FFM- including the schedule for the speakers!

We do! I have talks set-up throughout the day at the FFM this year. Not only that, they are free to attend with your admission to the FFM. Schedule to come!

Only two weeks left to enter the New England Frag Farmer's Market - Frag Farm Photo Contest, sponsored by Tropic Marin. Winners will be posted at the FFM and the prizes can be picked up at the TM table at the FFM. Enter by posting your images here or on our Facebook group!

Back