New LFS in Gardena- Harry's Marine

Panzerbjorne39

In Memoriam
Wanted to give you guys the heads up on this place I came across on Craig's List today. It's actually a new retail part of Cortez Marine, a wholesaler who's been around a long time.
I picked up a four line wrasse, royal gramma and a chalk basslet all for only $42 plus they threw in a few free CUC for my first time. They've got a large selection of coral including frags, colonies, BTA, RFA.
I was so stoked on my visit I told them I'd post about it to get the word out. They've only been doing retail under the Harry's name for 3 weeks according to the owners son who both him and his dad were super friendly and helpful. Stoked to have a well stocked LFS in my area again, though my bank account won't be haha. Anyway, I have no affiliation with them, just wanted to get the word out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah. A store in the south bay area. Do you know their hours by chance?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Wanted to give you guys the heads up on this place I came across on Craig's List today. It's actually a new retail part of Cortez Marine, a wholesaler who's been around a long time.
I picked up a four line wrasse, royal gramma and a chalk basslet all for only $42 plus they threw in a few free CUC for my first time. They've got a large selection of coral including frags, colonies, BTA, RFA.
I was so stoked on my visit I told them I'd post about it to get the word out. They've only been doing retail under the Harry's name for 3 weeks according to the owners son who both him and his dad were super friendly and helpful. Stoked to have a well stocked LFS in my area again, though my bank account won't be haha. Anyway, I have no affiliation with them, just wanted to get the word out.

What's your 4 line wrasse look like?

What's your 4 line wrasse look like?

c5c8080cc2ad2c21c1e05becf4b2d523.jpg

One of my buddys goes there and said they are legit. Plus said they are super friendly, cant wait to go there myself. [MENTION=120891]jilet[/MENTION] show yourself lol ;)

One of my buddys goes there and said they are legit. Plus said they are super friendly, cant wait to go there myself. [MENTION=120891]jilet[/MENTION] show yourself lol ;)

Man i was sleeping! :) I was going to post about this place ok manny!:) The place has lot of potential and they are setting up more room for frags to better suit the public. Ive been talking to the owner and his son for awhile now and they are good peeps, been in the business for over 30yrs. Lot of fish, lps, shrooms, and zoa selections. They are working on sps in the near future.

Just got back, very close to my work. They have good selection of corals, not much SPS. Huge large Angel fishes. Talked to the Dad and Son / David, very friendly. I got some nice frags and got bunch of free stuff. I got a 2 head Aussie Gold torch :beer:, was looking for one. Also a clam and some little dusters. I will for sure go back. David was very friendly and gave really good prices.

If you go there, just tell him Alex sent you and he will hook you up.

Attachments

• torch.jpg
    torch.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 0
  • small clam.jpg
    small clam.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 0
  • mini dusters.jpg
    mini dusters.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 0
Swung by Harry's this afternoon. It's been so long since I've had a well stocked LFS nearby I'll probably be there every weekend browsing. Picked up:
Small Eagle Eye Zoa rock
Skunk cleaner shrimp (only $10!)
Two scarlet reef hermits
Six blue leg hermits
Beautiful purple striped serpent star
Six Astria snails
Ultra RFA

Stoked! Also got a Ricordea Florida two polyp frag as a freebie with my purchase. My dang four line wrasse I got their last weekend jumped while I was literally putting my DIY mesh top together. I was going to pickup a replacement but they're gone. Seemed like they didn't get any new fish in at all since last Sunday.
dd443f5c9cfe7ba84a0329cfee013cac.jpg
38178a0c4017378722cffba2bd77c5a7.jpg
6b6180e0774b3dbf88681c1739700349.jpg

Damn... I keep meaning to call them but only remember when they're closed. Any idea the price range of the Rock Flower Anemones?

Back