North Central Pennsylvania Meetings May

Time Suggestions

Time Suggestions

Good to see that more people coming..:wavehand:
May is a little longer day than now and since we have the date now we need to work on time and any suggestions on what time we should start? For those who had the 18th hope they can make it on the 17th and hope that everybody can make it. This is URS meeting so we are going to have our friends from upstates here and many people are coming to meet other reefers who are far from them.
I will have another thread later in URS about what everybody is bringing.

The more I think about, the more I'm convinced my tank won't be ready for inhabitants by May 17th. I think that's kinda pushing it. :sad1:

I guess I could still come up just to meet some fellow reefers and get the feel of a frag swap, eh?

We'll just have to wait and see.

If your still on for 17th/18th I'll probably come along to this with frags. May bring a couple of other guys from the Ithaca area along also.

Steve L

From the e-mails and posts here I have added 5 people today to my list and that is not included those who are coming along.
:wave:

Hey Reading PA folks....anybody interested in car pooling?

I'm considering going up, but since my tank will only be up for a month I won't be buying anything interesting...but I'd certainly take the opportunity to meet up with some of you folks and hear what folks have to say about frags and anchoring and such..that way I'll be ready the next time!!

It seems a waste for all of use to trek the distance separately since I already see 3 of us in the Reading area (and that was only a quick glance).

And I would prefer Saturday, if only because of the travel and having to work the next day...if we're out by 6pm that's fine, but who knows what time we really start heading home!

--Fizz

hey zooqi
i asked my wife about going on a road trip and she thought just i wanted to go and i told her no the whole family
hey all sounds like to much fun for only a few hours(haha) i chatted with zooqi last night and we also thought it might be a good idea to trade used equipment also i've never been to a reef meeting hell i'm still seting up my tank eack week i buy more i started converting this tank from salt water to a reef tank the 1st thing i got was the chemicals.next was the lighting. now i'm looking for a ro/di unit(please read thread before buying an ro unit bye bmkindig) your imput would be great.
i might not have anything to bring (but my paycheck) but i'll be looking for some nice frags and some good advice

hey zooqi
i asked my wife about going on a road trip and she thought just i wanted to go and i told her no the whole family
hey all sounds like to much fun for only a few hours(haha) i chatted with zooqi last night and we also thought it might be a good idea to trade used equipment also i've never been to a reef meeting hell i'm still seting up my tank eack week i buy more i started converting this tank from salt water to a reef tank the 1st thing i got was the chemicals.next was the lighting. now i'm looking for a ro/di unit(please read thread before buying an ro unit bye bmkindig) your imput would be great.
i might not have anything to bring (but my paycheck) but i'll be looking for some nice frags and some good advice

hey zooqi

The bad part of it is that after reading all three I did not realize that they were the same :D good he mentioned it:D :D I will have a big area that those who have used equipement to sell can bring and display them. We do that for scuba diving and is a great idea. Thanks to bmkindig. Ideas always welcome.

hey sounds like there's alot of people going from reading which 1 of you guys are going to have the next meeting i live like an hour away.i'd have 1 if this 1 goes well and wife oks it.or is everyone thinking the same thing i am my tank aint much yet but i'm hopeing soon accully we were looking at a 125 gallon bow fromt the other day.maybe next year lets get this 1 going 1st

Car Pooling!

Car Pooling!

Sounds like a great idea. I Know Mal3 would probably be interested too. We were talking about riding up together. Let me know here you wana meet. Maybe grab some breakfast first.

-TT

hey musicmaker what size cooler and why?
you bringing the beer?
sorry i've never been to 1 before
i guess that is good thought do we bring our own tank water and acclumate frags before bringing them home?
anyone thats been to 1 want to give me an idea what to expect on what will be there?

I was just going by my first experiance at a frag swap. I went with nothing bus some cauler[pa. I didn't have anything else. My tank didn't even have lighting. :rolleyes: Up untill that point it was a 10 gallon (inverts)OWLR. As soon as a they found out I didn't have any corals they started handing me spare frags. I was telling Avonlea to take a cooler, because he/she probably would not be leaving empty handed as he/she might have expected. :D

cool i'll take 2 coolers then all a have is a xenia frag some yellow and orange polyps and my live rock mysteries and a lot of small feather dusters a clown a tang and the great red drawf lion fish who is over a foot long x foot wide some drawf right. i have to get my wish list together..... thanks for info musicmaker

Back