OMG it is sooo HOT today

Up in Hesperia it wasn't TOO bad. Stayed under 100 all day, but we had some nice dark clouds, lightning, light rain, and a crazy dust storm. I was on the 15N at one point and couldn't see 2' infront of my car due to the dust. Oh ya, a fire broke out just before the Cajon.

If I was in Texas, a tornado would have ripped through by now..lol.

I've kept the AC at 86F since yesterday.. and it feels ssssooo cool. haha... can you tell I've gotten used to the heat..haha.

I couldn't say the same for my tanks. The 240g is at 87.3F. Luckily its just cycling rock.. :(

I was born and raised in So Cal, and I cannot remember it ever being this hot, this long, and this early in the summer. I can't wait until late August and September rolls around when it traditionally gets hot.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7793717#post7793717 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by IsaaX
I feel sorry for the people who are at the O.C. Fair right now.

I was at Disneyland last week and I thought that was hot. I had a headache when I got back home. I can't imagine if I went today.

Up to 97° at my house today. I was just outside watching a lightening storm go by, still watching.

It's so hot my chiller is losing. It's been on all day and the temp is still climbing.

It's so hot my girls went to color and their crayons were soft.

It's so hot that we all ate dinner in the backyard, in our underwear.

It's so hot that the pool was warm and wasn't refreshing.

It's just oppresive.

My thermostat reads 96F. That's in my house!

We'd use the AC if we could afford it.

We have everything in the house off, its just dark and we're laying around in the coolest room.

I could totally wring out my boxers.

Josh

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7795174#post7795174 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Fmellish
It's so hot my chiller is losing. It's been on all day and the temp is still climbing.

It's so hot that we all ate dinner in the backyard, in our underwear.

I could totally wring out my boxers.

Josh

That's why your still hot, too many clothes:lol:

Been very hot here in Oregon, real eery, no breese, dead calm, My koi are trying to jump out of the pond,!!!!!!! have had MH off for 3 days, only atinic are on arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrg. lots of showers, then stand in front of the fan. frigin 9:30, and still 90

no doubt.

The staleness of the air is disturbing. No breeze and extremely damp air.

The mosquitos are in the house now and I already have a few huge bumps.

One of the problems with air this hot and wet is that my girls won't go to sleep. Humans just need it to cool down at night, and when it doesn't its very hard to sleep.

Josh

throw them in the shower, put a fan in there room, also what works is wet towels and a fan, evaporation= cooling, a spray bottle, sleep and heat sucks, oh yea,earlier about 11. it was 86, and trying to rain!!!!!, for sure it took a knife to get through it

We have ceiling fans in every room, and for some reason they have no impact on this type of heat. We have all the fans on and all the windows open, and normally that cools the house down, but it just feels like a sauna in here. THe rain made the air thick and sticky.

I don't even want to lay my back against anything. I just want to sleep standing up in the backyard.

Josh

someone say hot?
Hotnano.jpg

my nano as of 9:30pm. :( I just put about 3gal of water in the freezer to prep for tomorrow. My prop tank in the garage hit 85 today without the lights on. Temp in the garage itself was 100 on the dot. I dont have any fans or chiller for it :D But the doors are wild open.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7795333#post7795333 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Fmellish
We have ceiling fans in every room, and for some reason they have no impact on this type of heat. We have all the fans on and all the windows open, and normally that cools the house down, but it just feels like a sauna in here. THe rain made the air thick and sticky.

I don't even want to lay my back against anything. I just want to sleep standing up in the backyard.

Josh
LOL don't mean to but the cooling effecs of ALL the flying ( let alone biting) mosquitos just may work!!!!!!! let me know how it works, Calimine anyone???:lol: :cool:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7795359#post7795359 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by raskal311
someone say hot?
Hotnano.jpg

my nano as of 9:30pm. :( I just put about 3gal of water in the freezer to prep for tomorrow. My prop tank in the garage hit 85 today without the lights on. Temp in the garage itself was 100 on the dot. I dont have any fans or chiller for it :D But the doors are wild open.

OUCH!!!!! Any hotter and you'll need Butter, GET A FAN!!!!!!

yeah I just got a fan on the nano temp is now 84.7, I'm going to costco to get a big fan tomorrow for the prop tank.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7795459#post7795459 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by opTIMus702
my tank hit 89F today and is at 88 right now~!

ok NOW, REALLY, THAT IS TO HIGH, other than the fact your crabs Emeralds, cook at about 86 and are looking for butter, make sure you have good surface break, risking O2 Deficiency Another way to cool, other than freezing water jugs, is freezing ro/di top off water, then you don't have the displacement from the jugs, and the Ice water just melts into the system, Freeze it in jugs, cut jugs apart put in tank or sump, will take longer to melt with mass:)

our house hit 91 today... then we had the chiller and halides on... not a good combo. Our fish and coral have better conditions than we do.

im setting up a tank but i doubt i will add water and or livestock till it starts to cool down. Cant afford to run anything else in the house.... all lights off in the house except for the tank, and all windows are open with fans aimed right to the tank... blah!!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7795616#post7795616 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by raastamon
im setting up a tank but i doubt i will add water and or livestock till it starts to cool down. Cant afford to run anything else in the house.... all lights off in the house except for the tank, and all windows are open with fans aimed right to the tank... blah!!

Ok ,,, soo add water,sand rock ect, but leave out livestock.at least let the cycle start.

Back