pa1ntbru5h's 300+ Gallon Build Thread

I probably won't be using Gyres in this tank because they need to be cleaned too often. I've noticed that in my frag tanks my flow slows down significantly about a month after cleaning. I just keep bumping the percentage up until I have time to take them out and give them a thorough scrub.

I noticed my gyre recently has done the same... but I haven't cleaned it in months. I think its time for a bath for all my pumps.

I noticed my gyre recently has done the same... but I haven't cleaned it in months. I think its time for a bath for all my pumps.

The nice thing about MPs is that I can have multiple wet sides on hand and swap them out while I bathe the dirty ones in vinegar

Finally something for you guys to look at!!

https://youtu.be/OT1aJtFbrMI

Huge shoutout to J6 jestersix for this amazing rockscape!! He absolutely nailed the vision I had for my tank and made it even better than I could’ve explained to him in words.

It's even better in person when you can spot all the little caves and swim-throughs. Also, looking at it from different angles gives it an entirely different shape but everything flows so well

Looking good stephen lots if place for highend tenius

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking good when will the tank be ready?

Not sure. Last I heard in early November they haven't started on it yet but would soon.
But with the holidays and everything I'm sure it's pushed back a bit.

I'm not really in a rush. I've been working so much that I barely even look at my current tanks. Pretty much just throwing food in for the fish and that's it lol.

Still doing my research on equipment while I wait!

Just found this. Eagerly following along. I just ordered a CD 50x30x24 tank with all the trimmings. Agree that their customer service thus far has been great.

I used to drool over your for sale threads so you seem to have the touch as far as tank setup. Definitely interested to see what you do with this and it'll be a bit of inspiration for my own setup.

Just found this. Eagerly following along. I just ordered a CD 50x30x24 tank with all the trimmings. Agree that their customer service thus far has been great.

I used to drool over your for sale threads so you seem to have the touch as far as tank setup. Definitely interested to see what you do with this and it'll be a bit of inspiration for my own setup.

Thanks and congrats on your new tank!

Still waiting on the tank. They had some issues with their silicone manufacturer so things are delayed a bit.

I can't wait to start the build but at the same time my bank account says otherwise.. lol
At least I have my rock cycling in a tub while I wait.

Woah...baller. Just posting so I can get the notification for updates.

You know, you can just click on thread tools and get notifications without posting in the thread..."¦

Personally, I just make a post in the thread like you did LOL

[MENTION=336013]pa1ntbru5h[/MENTION] can you post a photo of where you are planning on putting this beast? Perhaps a photo of your cycling live rock too. You might consider putting a heater in the tubs

Thanks and congrats on your new tank!

Still waiting on the tank. They had some issues with their silicone manufacturer so things are delayed a bit.

I can't wait to start the build but at the same time my bank account says otherwise.. lol
At least I have my rock cycling in a tub while I wait.

I went with a similar setup as yours minus the starboard bottom which you now got me getting quotes for from Zoya :hammer:

Yeah I went back and looked at your original post and god dang, September huh? So we're at 5 months+ and still no tank for you. Guess I'm not going to be setting mine up until late summer.

I went with a similar setup as yours minus the starboard bottom which you now got me getting quotes for from Zoya :hammer:

Yeah I went back and looked at your original post and god dang, September huh? So we're at 5 months+ and still no tank for you. Guess I'm not going to be setting mine up until late summer.

Since the tank is going to be SPS dominant, I'm going bare-bottom so the starboard will look a lot nicer than a glass bottom and i'll be able to push a ton of flow without worrying about stirring sand.

Wow yeah I guess it has been 5 months.. I barely noticed since I've been so busy these past months. Hopefully your tank doesn't take as long.

Baller tank

Baller tank

Well you are in luck somebody is selling a BNIB Giesemann Spectra dual 250 with T-5 bulbs RARE 36" model, I believe that it is San Diego.

Just heard back from CDA today. New shipment of silicone is coming in next week so production should be back to normal very soon

Totally following this thread! I have been thinking about getting a bigger tank again miss my old LeeMar 270g even though the current 150g is adequate. Also have been wondering what company I'll have to go with now that LeeMar has moved on. Just have to convince my wife that I want to extend a part of our house for this new fish/coral project. :D

Can't wait to see some pics!

Hopefully I can start filling this thread with good updates aka pictures!
Still a waiting game for now... I'll slowly start purchasing equipment

Back