Pirates Cove Tank Move Sunday April 30th

good luck.. looks like a monster...

great idea on teh lots of suction cups, i can see carrying this thing like cleopatra...

This is how the SCRK guys do it lol
After moving Scotts tank we had some brews oh and a swim lol
c6e4d1e9-bba3-a8e9.jpg

c6e4d1e9-bbc9-d7b8.jpg

c6e4d1e9-bc00-4b53.jpg

c6e4d1e9-bc21-33ba.jpg

c6e4d1e9-bc39-133c.jpg

c6e4d1e9-bc53-6f60.jpg

Sent from my Dummb Fone!

First off big thanks to all my RC friends who helped me move the tank. My wife took pictures and I will try to post some pictures tonight. Went in with no problems and the beers have been flowing since. Pirates Cove Reef is coming.

First off big thanks to all my RC friends who helped me move the tank. My wife took pictures and I will try to post some pictures tonight. Went in with no problems and the beers have been flowing since. Pirates Cove Reef is coming.

glad to hear
make sure to put it in large reef forum :)

congrats Scott....that tank is gunna be s-i-c-k!!!

"Go Big or go home" just got taken to another level. :)

just saw the thread as I have not logged in a while....missed out on helping...sorry.

May the Best of good Karma from the Reefing GODS be upon you for the build.:beer:

now all you need Scott is to convert the pool to saltwater and add some sharks for the full experience.

Sent from my Dummb Fone!

c6e4d1e9-bba3-a8e9.jpg

c6e4d1e9-bbc9-d7b8.jpg

c6e4d1e9-bc00-4b53.jpg

c6e4d1e9-bc21-33ba.jpg

c6e4d1e9-bc39-133c.jpg

c6e4d1e9-bc53-6f60.jpg

Sent from my Dummb Fone!

Those are some awesome pics Rob! haha dude that was cold but felt really good!

We had quite the Reefer Army over there!

now all you need Scott is to convert the pool to saltwater and add some sharks for the full experience.

Tanu pee's in the pool so the ammonia level would kill those sharks pretty quickly.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yqJrPQumWTc?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yqJrPQumWTc?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

First off thanks again for all the help. I am heading out of town for a week so no time to play with the new toy, but I did find time to work on the LIVE Rock:)

DSC_0898.jpg

The tank is pretty big and is going to be a fun project!

I will post a second post of some of the shots of moving it in.

Pulling it out of the truck.

DSC_0891.jpg

Going towards the front door.

P1010981.jpg

Through the front door.

P1010985-Version2.jpg

The lift from Age of aquarium was key and saved our backs!

P1010992.jpg

Ready to slide it home.

P1020002.jpg

I am thinking I should have gone bigger:)

DSC_0893-Version2.jpg

I will start a build thread when I start working on the beast, in a couple of weeks, Thanks again RC, could not have done it without you!

Back