Pooky's 300

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it works and you really want one, I can always make the bracket do a 90 so they can clamp onto the eurobrace. I've found most traps out there hard to secure to the tank.

Alright. Let me test mine out first. I need to catch a few fish anyways. What approximate dimensions do you prefer?

I'll shoot you an email later. I am out running some errands. I need to get you guys a picture of a new goodie I scored a piece of :)

IMG_4165.jpg

Some pix of the fish trap in action. It's holding up pretty well with 4 Streams and a Wavebox moving all the water around. So far, all but one fish have stayed away from it like it's the plague. I guess they'll have to get used to seeing it in the tank first. The lineatus went to it immediately and checked it out. In fact, he went in several times and there wasn't even any food in it. That's a good sign b/c when I do get the rhomboids, he'll have to come out for a while for the rhomboids to get situated first.

IMG_4306.jpg

Here you can see how it compares in relations to the entire height of the tank. Once I am confident they'll work, I can have attach to one bracing and the acclimation chamber attached to the other bracing to hold any fish that I catch.

IMG_4309.jpg

He makes building too :eek:... j/k

Nice fish trap... I need to make one for hands trap... so no one can put their hands inside my tank!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14653802#post14653802 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by SaraB
Looks like it will work nicely Kenny! I'm impressed with your building skills!

Thanks Sara. It's a lot of fun building your own things.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14653860#post14653860 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by reeferpnoy
He makes building too :eek:... j/k

Nice fish trap... I need to make one for hands trap... so no one can put their hands inside my tank!

Keep it up, Jok3I2!!!

I'll make one for each of your hands.

Hi Carlo. I think there are two important things that must be done to ensure success of keeping a tank in any garage. First and foremost is good insulation. That will keep the temperature fluctuations in the garage to a minimum, which in turn will mean less temp fluctuations in the tank.

Second is to have a good source of active ventilation to removed the humidity and salt vapors that come off the tank. I wished that was something that I could have done or done better. I have a lot of woodworking tools in the garage and I see rusting on many of the metal surfaces.

Depending on the annual highs and lows in your areas, keeping the stand and top open or close will play a big role in heating/cooling your system. I keep everything open b/c I am more likely to have heat rather than cold issues. With everything open, the 3 fans I have on a temp controller is enough to keep the tank at a reasonable temp during the hottest part of the summer.

Hope that helps. LMK if you have any other questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back