Power outage

Markk96

Premium Member
I lost power well over 2 hours ago. My hydros system is in low power mode on battery. But I am not sure how long that will last.

I.cannot get my.dang generator started. First time it has let me down.

I will post an update on how everything is doing.

I have a little generator at my place, might be capable of running bubblers and heaters at least. Barring that you are welcome to use any space I can spare in my sump or display. I'm not scared of pests.

Thanks so far my ups is holding out and my icecap battery backup has one powerhead in low mode.

I had an air bubbler to the tank via my ups.

So far so good.

Power is back on. My icecap battery lasted almost 5 hours. I had an air pump running on a battery back up as well. All fish are alive after 5 hours of an outage.

Now I need to figure out what's wrong with my generator.

I'm really glad to hear that! I know it's dumb but I was having trouble going to sleep, thinking about if one of the batteries died. Good to hear you're back on top of things. (y)

Good to hear Mark. You’ve had a rough time with the tank lately.

What’s the generator doing? When was the last time you used it? It didn’t sit unused for a long time with gas in the tank did it?

Power went out around 2:30 again and is still out. The only thing keeping the fish alive is a small air pump and stone running in the ups

Now that the sun is up I am going to pull the carburetor off the generator and see if I can clean it. I always treat the gas and start it about every 4 months. But this time no luck.

Okay, I figured you knew about treating the gas but thought I’d ask. Hope the power is back on soon.

When you run it and are done close the fuel valve and let the engine run out of gas and die.
It will start every time.
I just got 5 gallons of alcohol free gas, E0. I am going to run all my small engines on it. I have been using the kind that comes in gallon cans for the string trimmer and leaf blower. It's pricy. E0 costs about the same as premium and I will mix my own 2 stroke fuel. I got a new wood chipper and will start using it in the mower. Next time I will bring home 10 gallons.

It's cheaper than fixing them every other year and rebuilding tiny carbs isn't my thing anymore. The new stuff has so many plastic parts in them that get brittle. I have a large string trimmer that I run a brush blade on. The fuel lines crumbled and it pee'd gas on my foot. I just fixed that one.

I had assumed technology would catch up and come up with plastics that dont die from alcohol but that hasn't been the case.

When you run it and are done close the fuel valve and let the engine run out of gas and die.
It will start every time.
I just got 5 gallons of alcohol free gas, E0. I am going to run all my small engines on it. I have been using the kind that comes in gallon cans for the string trimmer and leaf blower. It's pricy. E0 costs about the same as premium and I will mix my own 2 stroke fuel. I got a new wood chipper and will start using it in the mower. Next time I will bring home 10 gallons.

It's cheaper than fixing them every other year and rebuilding tiny carbs isn't my thing anymore. The new stuff has so many plastic parts in them that get brittle. I have a large string trimmer that I run a brush blade on. The fuel lines crumbled and it pee'd gas on my foot. I just fixed that one.

I had assumed technology would catch up and come up with plastics that dont die from alcohol but that hasn't been the case.
Good idea. That is what I usually do but I still run some fuel treatment for 15 min before I close off the fuel.

Power is back. The air pump worked great. No fish losses. The temp got down to 76 so I do not think that is horrible.

Not sure if anything is stressed.

Back