Reef Octopus "POV" PRO-SSS-DC1 thoughts?

The explanation I got was basically that Reef Specialties leaves the item showing in stock so people can still place orders and get on the back order list. Of course, they could just as easily show them out of stock and DIRECTLY allow them to place a proper back order...

Personally, I got the feeling that they were definitely following the bottom option you listed above... The fact that they had already charged my credit card on a $500+ item that they did NOT have in stock and wouldn't have for at least a month is telling to me.

The explanation I got was basically that Reef Specialties leaves the item showing in stock so people can still place orders and get on the back order list. Of course, they could just as easily show them out of stock and DIRECTLY allow them to place a proper back order...

Personally, I got the feeling that they were definitely following the bottom option you listed above... The fact that they had already charged my credit card on a $500+ item that they did NOT have in stock and wouldn't have for at least a month is telling to me.

did you try fragtastic reef? that is where I got mine. I got their first shipment.

I thought there was a law that a company cant fully charge your CC unless they can ship the item within 2 business days. Unless it was just a hold and not a capture.

did you try fragtastic reef? that is where I got mine. I got their first shipment.

I called them and they are out of stock as well. Same April-May time frame as everyone else.

I thought there was a law that a company cant fully charge your CC unless they can ship the item within 2 business days. Unless it was just a hold and not a capture.

Well, I just checked my credit card balance. The purchase is on there, but the refund has NOT been credited yet.

quick question, i am building a 265g +75g sump

should i go with the dc2 or dc3? im thinking dc3 based on the price difference

Dc3. I have a 200 with about 60 in sump and frag tank for total 260 and my dc3 is working like a champ. I'm fish heavy.

Same situation here with premium aquatics, the skimmer will be worth the wait though. Just sucks I have to wait because I am designing my filter sump around it

UPDATE: This was NOT Fragtasticreef!!! My mistake! It was Reef Specialty instead. My apologies to Fragtasticreef.

They show them in stock on their website, but they are actually out of stock. I originally placed an order for one over the weekend and they called on Monday to let me know it was back ordered. I wasn't too happy with his answer on why the website still shows them in stock if they know they are out of stock either.

I just got off the phone with Premium Aquatics. They are out also. His explanation is basically the initial shipment was small and now the follow up shipment is larger, but is the classic "slow boat from China".

I guess I get to wait, or go with a different skimmer.

Yeah I ordered a piece of equipment from them 1 month ago. They called me the next day after I ordered it to tell me they didn't have it and was back ordered and I should have it in 2 weeks from my order date. I had emailed them and haven't heard back its been probably a week now. So my days buying from reef speciality won't be happening again anytime soon.

From talking to suppliers, the word I heard (grain of salt required) is Coralvue only brought in 10 units initially. Needless to say, they didn't last long! When I emailed Coralvue about this, they did not deny only getting 10 units initially and they said they are expecting 50+ units in early April. Hopefully, us "late comers" will be able to pick on up soon!

I've had mine running for about 3 weeks now, This weekend the skimmer really started working. I was getting a little worried but i'm pretty happy now that it took off. I'm at speed 6 now.

Yeah Joey I was there with you. I called coralvue and took his advice on turning the skimmer to 5 and have the valve almost wide open. It broke in quick and started producing skim really quick its working great now.

There is some amazing info on this thread! But I have a question. Has anyone used the Diablo DC? I get the POV is better for the shape and how the pump is postioned and etc. But I havent really heard any reviews on the Diablo DC 200. The DC200 is the SRO3000 but with the DC motor. And was woundering if anyone could chime in on this. What I dont get is the Diablo DC 200, and the SRO3000 are both priced the same and both the same body but one is with the dc pump and the other is the bubble blaster. But both have the same price tag. Makes me wounder...... I am wanting to buy a skimmer asap. But cant get choose haha.. Money isnt the problem, But I dont min saving a $ if I can to use on other stuff for the tank. I actually own bubble kings and like them a lot. Just not in love with them.

Killer question....... POV2 or Alpha 170/200? Any advice on the subject? Anyone owned both before or can chime in, in any kind of way or any advice!!?!? Want to make the purchase asap. But which one..... hmmmmm

Killer question....... POV2 or Alpha 170/200? Any advice on the subject? Anyone owned both before or can chime in, in any kind of way or any advice!!?!? Want to make the purchase asap. But which one..... hmmmmm

You prob can't find the pov2 anywhere till April

Even if I cant. Should I wait for it or go with the Alpha?

They are prob. both very comparable. The POV is a space saver. Is it going in a tight space? The POV i think is less watts too. The 2 bodies are pretty similar.
Prob. cant go wrong with either one. I doubt you will find people that have tried both, as the first run of the POV was very limited.

Update shot of my cup

7669EFC0-5731-4A7C-9F58-000D3CAF459B-4811-000003AB7A469218_zps4623f5a7.jpg

What's the footprint of the smallest model, DC1?

CoralVue says 11.7″ x 9.85″, while AquaCave and Reefspecialty says 10.5″ x 7.7″.

Considering that the body diameter is 6", it seems 7.7" is more correct?

Back