Reef Octopus "POV" PRO-SSS-DC1 thoughts?

Best skimmer ive ever had

Best skimmer ive ever had

This thing is great.

Attachments

• POV 2.JPG
    POV 2.JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 0
Received and setup a DC-1 on Tuesday. Pump is quite, air silencer is not :( Was also having issues with it surging. Have been communicating with Jeremy about the issues, but he stopped responding to my emails yesterday.

Anyone figure out what the issue is with the gurgling silencer? Here is a video for anyone who cares to watch/listen (the extra tubing on the silencer was only to help quite it, same with the "metric/british" adapter).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3as36CVaLI

Received and setup a DC-1 on Tuesday. Pump is quite, air silencer is not :( Was also having issues with it surging. Have been communicating with Jeremy about the issues, but he stopped responding to my emails yesterday.

Anyone figure out what the issue is with the gurgling silencer? Here is a video for anyone who cares to watch/listen (the extra tubing on the silencer was only to help quite it, same with the "metric/british" adapter).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3as36CVaLI

This skimmer needs a month to properly break in. The air intake is the loudest part of the skimmer. You would have to mod it if you want it quieter, search for octopus silencer mods on here. I think this is prone to most octo skimmers.

you guys think a DC2 is overkill for my 90g? The DC1 collecting cup looks like a baby juice cup. I hate cleaning every 3-4 days.

you guys think a DC2 is overkill for my 90g? The DC1 collecting cup looks like a baby juice cup. I hate cleaning every 3-4 days.

Yes. I have a high bioload and the DC1 is the perfect size. I clean my cup every 10 days when its dialed in correctly.

This skimmer needs a month to properly break in. The air intake is the loudest part of the skimmer. You would have to mod it if you want it quieter, search for octopus silencer mods on here. I think this is prone to most octo skimmers.

Turns out most of the noise is coming from the pump, or where the air meets the pump/water I should say. Got the silencer "silent" and the noise is still there :(

Is this a normal part of the break in period or is there an issue with the pump or a corresponding part? Here is a video of the bubble plate area, you can also hear the noise it is still making.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmzTv2etXnM

I just got the Dc2 for my 120 gal b/c of my high bioload and filtration demands. Gave it a quick 6 hour vinegar bath and on day2 of use already giving me nice dry foam head. The skimmer is virtually silent except for the water outlet causes water splashing sounds.

I just got the Dc2 for my 120 gal b/c of my high bioload and filtration demands. Gave it a quick 6 hour vinegar bath and on day2 of use already giving me nice dry foam head. The skimmer is virtually silent except for the water outlet causes water splashing sounds.

Whats your water level in sump for skimmer ?

Back