S.T.A.R.S Names and Faces/New Members

Hello Everyone :D

Hello Everyone :D

My name is Jeff and I'm a noob. Started a 20 gallon freshwater aquarium in March of 2012 and it quickly evolved into my current 125 gallon soon-to-be mixed reef (saltwater bug anyone?). Let's not talk about the other tanks I've acquired during my short time in the hobby. Anyway, I recently moved here from Kansas City and ran a 120 gallon for a year. I hope to meet each and everyone of you eventually and talk fish stuff :)

P.S. I'm a noob to the world of forums. Usually just an innocent bystander who reads through threads but decided to give this thing a whirl!

Hi all.
I have been lurking here for a while, mosly post over on Nano Reef.....its was reccomended by by a fellow reefer in Ruidoso... what can I say.
I live in Alamogordo, where there are no fish shops....so I make lots of runs to EP, since there are no Saltwater shops in Las Cruces.

I have been in the freshwater hobby most of my life, I have never done a saltwater tank untill May of 2013 when I got a Cardiff 24gallon AIO in EP.
In Sept I started a DIY shallow frag tank, 12 gallons with a 10 gallon sump. I did a DIY sump, stand, light support & moonlight addition to a LED light.

I would love to make it to a meeting some day, but its a bit af a drive...so we will see.

Robert.

The Cardiff

The Shallow Frag Tank

Hey I'm Javier. I am going to start to get into this hobby. I am into herps but thought I would give my interest into saltwater

hello haven't really kept much contact with the group as i should maybe once in a while hardly post on here but im Jacob i started out with a 55gal saltwater tank and its just coming up on a year old on the 28th sorry i don't have a picture of the tank but i do have one of me
photo.php

guess it won't let me post a picture but i will try and upload a pic of me and my tank when i get home later on today

hello

hello

Just joined and hope to meet you guys soon, I have tons of questions.
I just started 6 weeks ago with a 75gallon tank and look forward to start my reef.

Hello, my name is Erik, I live in El Paso and am interested in joining the El Paso reef club. I have been keeping my reef tank for 2.5 years. I also have like 15 years in freshwater previous. I am also new to reef central and am excited to be a member.

Hey everyone, just wanted to introduce myself. My names Kevin and ill be moving to El Paso from Alamogordo, NM in a couple weeks. Im doing alot of research right now because im going to be setting up my first saltwater 20 gallon nano tank since I'm on a budget. So far I've ordered:

Aquaclear 50 Power filter
Aquatic Life Expandable LED fixture
Hydor Koralia Nano 425
Aquatic Life 115 protein skimmer

Ill purchase substrate, salt, live rock, water, fish, etc. locally in a couple weeks so I can start cycling the tank. My plan is to get this tank going and eventually upgrade to a much bigger tank when I'm situated.

Pretty excited to start this hobby and If you have any suggestions then feel free to let me have it since I would like to avoid problems with the tank. Ill try to stay involved and update with pics of the process as I go along.

Back