"Saltwater Connections" owner gets fined 135,000.

I am using a samsung galexy SIII :)

samsung copied Iphone, and was fined, at least 10 times more than SWC.

yet I do not see anyone boycutting samsung. which is why SWC will not be boy cutted neither.

about customers service, that's part of price ! you pay 2K for a BK skimmer and you EXCEPT GOOD CS. u pay 300 for a SWC ... they can not hire a person and pay them 300 bucks a dy to sit there adn be nice to customer ! instead, they give 3 bucks extra to an employee to just answer phones, that's how costs are reduced.

we have a choise to pay more and get more CS or pay less and ... but cant expect best of both worlds.

I cannot disagree more. I didn't speak to an employee, I spoke directly to the owner.

I cannot disagree more. I didn't speak to an employee, I spoke directly to the owner.

Im sure there is something I could have said so u would disagree more :) hahah jks

and your opinion, I cant change that :)
but basically, the more you pay, the more you get, so if you are after GREAT Customer service, I am afraid you will have to pay more :) that's how the world works,

if you want bag with ure grocery, u pay more,

if u can bag it yourself, u pay less ....

same in every busienss .....

mobile operator with higher price, has higher coverage,

lower price, lower coverage and lower quality ...

I am using a samsung galexy SIII :)

samsung copied Iphone, and was fined, at least 10 times more than SWC.

yet I do not see anyone boycutting samsung. which is why SWC will not be boy cutted neither.

about customers service, that's part of price ! you pay 2K for a BK skimmer and you EXCEPT GOOD CS. u pay 300 for a SWC ... they can not hire a person and pay them 300 bucks a dy to sit there adn be nice to customer ! instead, they give 3 bucks extra to an employee to just answer phones, that's how costs are reduced.

we have a choise to pay more and get more CS or pay less and ... but cant expect best of both worlds.

It is odd that you used BK as an example of what paying extra should get you vs. paying less and getting less.

Customer service is brought up time to time on RC and it is strange that some of the most expensive skimmer companies have some of the worst customer service while others, the moderate ones, have some of the best.

I may spend $30 on a meal or I may spend $150 on one but I expect my server to bring me the correct order regardless of the location and if something is wrong I expect both to fix it.

It is odd that you used BK as an example of what paying extra should get you vs. paying less and getting less.

Customer service is brought up time to time on RC and it is strange that some of the most expensive skimmer companies have some of the worst customer service while others, the moderate ones, have some of the best.

I may spend $30 on a meal or I may spend $150 on one but I expect my server to bring me the correct order regardless of the location and if something is wrong I expect both to fix it.

I have vertex and BK skimmers, and have gotten great customers service. I also have gotten great CS from Ecotech.

you sell me a frag for 3 bucks.
I call you at work, to get service from you and speak to you.
you make 100 bucks an hour at work.
you will tell me after 20 mins, that you will give me my 3 bucks back, if I leave u alone :) right ? cause its not worth it for you to loose 100 bucks for a 3 buck sale.
but if I bought a tank from u for 2K, then u would spend time, its a 2K profit in it for u ! you might even take an hour off work to tal to me about it !

same here !

you probably dont know this, but its the same way with large companies, specially telecom, your call is answered, based on your monthly bill ! a business with 500 lines of teleohone is helped before I am helped because I have ISsues downloading coral magazine on my phone :)

I have vertex and BK skimmers, and have gotten great customers service. I also have gotten great CS from Ecotech.

you sell me a frag for 3 bucks.
I call you at work, to get service from you and speak to you.
you make 100 bucks an hour at work.
you will tell me after 20 mins, that you will give me my 3 bucks back, if I leave u alone :) right ? cause its not worth it for you to loose 100 bucks for a 3 buck sale.
but if I bought a tank from u for 2K, then u would spend time, its a 2K profit in it for u ! you might even take an hour off work to tal to me about it !

same here !

you probably dont know this, but its the same way with large companies, specially telecom, your call is answered, based on your monthly bill ! a business with 500 lines of teleohone is helped before I am helped because I have ISsues downloading coral magazine on my phone :)

Actually the business call would probably be routed to the business CS department and my call would be put on hold for 27 minutes while I waited for the next CS agent to be available.

Actually the business call would probably be routed to the business CS department and my call would be put on hold for 27 minutes while I waited for the next CS agent to be available.

depends on the company ..... my company deals with every one the same depending on the service.

but I like how u change the subject ;)

I am sure you understood the point.

No I really did not get your point to be honest.

Also I didn't change anything. You were the one who decided I didn't not know about how phone calls were answered and decided to educate me on how business worked. I simply stated that two different departments could be used. If your Dell broke down at work and you called, you would get one department while at home you would get another. Sure not all businesses do this but there are enough that do.

Also in this day and age of the internet, businesses (any type for that matter) are fighting for our dollars and should focus on customer service.

If I was going to spend $2000 on a skimmer I would choose ATB over BK or Deltec. They are all pretty much equal on build quality and performance but if you search threads on RC which one wins in customer service?

Or I would rather have a SRO skimmer with incredible customer service instead of a BK with none when my $700 pump dies.

Finally when it came time to buy that $2000 tank I would go to the LFS that spent 20 minutes on a $3 frag vs. one that wouldn't give me the time of day and only charged me $1800 for the same tank.

Before banks gave everyone free online bill payments I spent $15 a month to do it just so the post office did not get my $2 in stamps due to a customer service issue one day.

Maybe you don't have an issue with poor customer service but I do.

never mind :)
you get, what you pay for.

I Am pro choise. ppl should have option of paying more, getting top notch everything
they also should have an option to pay less and get less.

you are entitles to make your own choice and have your own opinion :)

examples, are used to make ones point more easy to understand.
point was, difference between high end skimmers and low end ones.
point was not the example name I used ... like BK, or business phone or ....
I dont like ppl who take 1 word from a sentence and focus on that trying to discredit the other. I have no Idea why u are talking about BK and deltec and ATB skimmers now lol you can replace the word BK with any other high end skimmers of your choise :)

Last edited:
never mind :)
you get, what you pay for.

I Am pro choise. ppl should have option of paying more, getting top notch everything
they also should have an option to pay less and get less.

you are entitles to make your own choice and have your own opinion :)

I will give you credit where credit is due Allmost. I really do.

You are one of the few people on RC who repeatedly compliment people with slight insults and jabs. Maybe that is just how you are or maybe you come off that way by accident so I don't take it personally because I have read hundreds of your posts even before you had to take a vacation from RC and many have the same read to them. Heck I bet even today you paid someone a compliment with a jab and inserted a smile into the sentence as if it is just all in good fun.

I tip my hat to you good sir and wish you well.

Oh, just a note..

Since SWC's CS is apparently ****, I will say if you have an SWC product and need service, there is an AWESOME dealer of them that I can't mention as he is banned on RC, but I've dealt with him on a couple occasions and he is super friendly, fast response time, and really really knows his stuff :)

I am confused now lol

how is that an insult to you ?

I am saying, high end products VS low end ....

in my opinion, you get what you pay for, in every case ....

so buying high end, you get more than you would have gotten if you bought low end.

I really do like to know how I insulted you, cause that is not the point, I was hoping for a friendly discussion, which you made personal unfortunetly :(

anyways :) maybe we have different opinions about this.

You were the one who decided I didn't not know about how phone calls were answered and decided to educate me on how business worked.

I did not think you dont know :) and I am in no place to educate you ....

I just used my business as an example, I work in telecom, so I gave a telecom example :) and I explained my example !

I never meant to insult you, by providing an example. if you took it as me educating you or insulting you or jabbing [which I had to look up on urban dictionary] then I am sorry, not the case .... lol

Ok we are good then.

Allmost and I are going to Vegas for the weekend.

This is #1 and not #2 btw Allmost.

Owning 3 SWC Skimmers, I'd hardly consider them "low end" and I'd put them up against any comparatively rated skimmer. The price one pays should have absolutely no baring on the quality of customer service, IMNSHO (my opinion is not at all humble)

I just read the beginning of this-and have no doubt the guy is guilty as charged. However many posters are acting like the live rock fence is preposterous. It in fact is not- I have seen many "live" rock fences. with shells on the top-usually conchs, but whatever is available locally. This is a common island practice- and I could envision where someone might want to recreate the look. Again- not that he was- but for people that have traveled- it does make more sense.

Owning 3 SWC Skimmers, I'd hardly consider them "low end" and I'd put them up against any comparatively rated skimmer. The price one pays should have absolutely no baring on the quality of customer service, IMNSHO (my opinion is not at all humble)

I agree with second part 100%.

but still hard for ppl to not buy them lol, quality is MUCH better than coralife super skimmer [it actually skimms] and price is somewhat the same.

when I save that kind of money, I tend to not care about Customers service, but you are right, it shouldnt be that way and they could have alot more customers if they were nicer and spent more time :)

Back