SaraB's 268 Gallon Build¦ Try #3!

I should have posted "fire extinguisher" when I guessed it!!!

What's wrong with Co2 tanks. I bet you've sat on a few nitrous oxide tanks in those vehicles of yours :)

I do have a fire extinguisher by the tank as well!

Nope, never used any in our cars but I did want to try it on my snowmobile :p

I blame it on my mother telling me things were going to "blow up" when I was growing up ... like the vacuum cleaner if I ran over its cord while using it or the pressure cooker when she was canning, or the battery in the car when using jumper cables, etc. She has scarred me for life I guess as I don't like to plug cords into the outlets either .

Sara,

Been a long long time since I posted or have even been on the board for that matter. Read your entire thread today. Great build and progress info for us. Glad to see you got things turned around with the GHA.

Wife and I moved down the street from you back on Labor Day. Lake in the Hills is where we call home now.

Best of luck with the continued success of your new tanks. They look phenomenal.

Sara,

Been a long long time since I posted or have even been on the board for that matter. Read your entire thread today. Great build and progress info for us. Glad to see you got things turned around with the GHA.

Wife and I moved down the street from you back on Labor Day. Lake in the Hills is where we call home now.

Best of luck with the continued success of your new tanks. They look phenomenal.

Nice to see you on the boards again and thanks for checking out my thread!

I'm actually at the intersection of Big Timber and Rte. 72, so you are not that far away!

The CA reactor is officially in operation now, woo hoo!!!!

Hooray for the CA! :beer: Your corals are going to love you in about a week when everything gets really stable. And I know you're going to love not dosing that thing anymore! :lol2:

Hooray for the CA! :beer: Your corals are going to love you in about a week when everything gets really stable. And I know you're going to love not dosing that thing anymore! :lol2:

Thanks Ed for helping me get this beast online finally!

Sara good luck with the beast, I hope this is the tool that gets your SPS s back where you want them. You have been fighting the good battle long enough. May you and yours have a warm and peaceful Thanksgiving. Mike

Sara good luck with the beast, I hope this is the tool that gets your SPS s back where you want them. You have been fighting the good battle long enough. May you and yours have a warm and peaceful Thanksgiving. Mike

Thank you Mike, I appreciate that! Same to you and your family as well for Thankgiving!

sara, i'd highly recommend an aquariumplants electronic CO2 regulator to go along with your ca reactor setup. one of the best performing pieces of equipment that ive ever purchased and is critical to a ca reactor. imo.

tim

sara, i'd highly recommend an aquariumplants electronic CO2 regulator to go along with your ca reactor setup. one of the best performing pieces of equipment that ive ever purchased and is critical to a ca reactor. imo.

tim
+1 on this recommendation Sara. I went through 3 regulators before I broke down and got the aquariumplants model. Now I've got my CA Rx under complete control. I'd also recommend their CO2 check valve, I had 2 of those brass valves go bad. :thumbsup:

tim

+1 on this recommendation Sara. I went through 3 regulators before I broke down and got the aquariumplants model. Now I've got my CA Rx under complete control. I'd also recommend their CO2 check valve, I had 2 of those brass valves go bad. :thumbsup:

Thanks Tim and Dan for the recommendation. I recall seeing talk of this same one on Marks thread I tbelieve and it's been in the back of my mind for a future purchase. I'm actually on my third one too ... they must just break sitting on my shelves not being used ;) Right now I have a Reef Fanatic that I've used prior for a couple of months, so as soon as that one dies I'll be purchasing this one!

Thanks guys! I'm actually picking up someones used 183G tank ... see if you can recognize it ;)

aquarium001.jpg

Good luck with the sale. It will be sad to see the big tank go, but the new one will be great :D.

BTW i bet Autin's a happy man right now ;).

Good luck with the sale. It will be sad to see the big tank go, but the new one will be great :D.

BTW i bet Autin's a happy man right now ;).

Thanks Brian ... I had to list the tank before I changed my mind.

Austin will be happier when I actually pick the tank up and he's paid in full!

Didnt a bandit in habit that 183 g??

I do believe that Austin did have a Bandit in this tank.

I was hoping the 3rd time would be a charm. Sara will you have to redo the nice stand and sump with the new tank? Or is it going to fit in with the lay out you already have in the fish room? Mike

Back