SC 150 skimmer review pics

^^^Get the 302.

Wow I have not been on RC in a while and I cant believe this thread is still going strong. My 302 skimmer is still running like a champ, no issues with it at all. These pumps seem to last, so far so good.

My skimmer is still running very well after 52 days non-stop. It has been running especially well the past week because I've been dosing reef biofuel by brightwell. I get 2.5" of dark skimmate in the cup every 3 days and I have XL cup. I will replace the Atman pump with a Sicce. I do like the Atman it's just that all of the big brands have been switching over to better pumps. This skimmer is definitely worth the money and I reccomend the 302 to everyone with a system of a 100 gallons or less.

Hello all,
I'm setting up a 45g cube with 20g long sump.
Been reading most of this thread. I'm in Canada so to get the sca-302 shipped to me it would be about 160$ shipped. How would this skimmer compare to a vertex in80 or reef octopus nwb 150 ?
Thanks

^^^Look at the first few pages. I replaced my NWB110 with the 302. As far as price to performance the 302 is hard to beat in the size class of skimmers (tanks under 100G).

I just pulled the trigger on the 302! Seller says it comes with Atman ph2000... is this the pump that is glued so there is no access to the impeller?

Hey guys i was planning on getting a 302 for my 120 that I am putting together. Will this skimmer be sufficient for a mixed 120 reef? I also noticed that a few of you have had issues with the pump , are there any higher quality pumps that I can replace the stock pump with , any help would be greatly appreciated.

Any use the SC65 w/o the stupid suction cup feet? I really hate how my skimmer seems to teeter totter with the suction cup bracket the motor came with. I know if you remove it it the intake into the bubble plate sits a little lower. Will this make a different at all... or is there something I can put under the pump like a piece of egg crate that will raid it up but keep my skimmer feet on the ground?

Hey guys i was planning on getting a 302 for my 120 that I am putting together. Will this skimmer be sufficient for a mixed 120 reef? I also noticed that a few of you have had issues with the pump , are there any higher quality pumps that I can replace the stock pump with , any help would be greatly appreciated.

I personally think that the 302 is a little small for a 120g mixed reef tank maybe if you have a light bio load and like to under skim. I think the 302 is only good for up to 100g total system volume with a light to medium bio load.

I personally think that the 302 is a little small for a 120g mixed reef tank maybe if you have a light bio load and like to under skim. I think the 302 is only good for up to 100g total system volume with a light to medium bio load.

+1. I had it on my 110 and it couldn't handle the load

Any use the SC65 w/o the stupid suction cup feet? I really hate how my skimmer seems to teeter totter with the suction cup bracket the motor came with. I know if you remove it it the intake into the bubble plate sits a little lower. Will this make a different at all... or is there something I can put under the pump like a piece of egg crate that will raid it up but keep my skimmer feet on the ground?

On mine the hole in the base was to large and the pump would slip out.
So I used a bunch of pipe thread tape and pushed it in. Stays put now, I also
cut the nozzle flat like mentioned earlier in this thread. Works great.

On mine the hole in the base was to large and the pump would slip out.
So I used a bunch of pipe thread tape and pushed it in. Stays put now, I also
cut the nozzle flat like mentioned earlier in this thread. Works great.

Teflon tape? So you're pumped hangs suspended attach to the skimmer not touching the bottom of your sump

I am definitely doing the mesh mod. Was debating the outlet mod still.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

As long as your bio load is light and you dont feed much you will be fine. Keep the fish to a minimum. Granted it is a better skimmer than what was around 5-10 years ago and where rated for 100+ gallons, the Super Skimmer 220 comes to mind, no way that crap skimmer could handle a 200 gallon reef tank or even a 100 gallon well stock reef tank. The Super Skimmers where great for curing live rock and QT tanks though.

Teflon tape? So you're pumped hangs suspended attach to the skimmer not touching the bottom of your sump

I am definitely doing the mesh mod. Was debating the outlet mod still.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Yep hangs under skimmer just fine. And yeah Teflon tape couldn't think if the name of the stuff.lol

need help on my 302. got it running for almost 2 weeks now, sitting in 8" of water. the dial tube is set around 3.5 but it is still over flowing from the top. also looking at some pictures here and comparing it with mine, the micro bubbles comes almost all the way to the bottom vise around the bubble plate. what should I do or what should I be looking at on this?

the clear acrylic cup that is on top of the pump then the the plate screws into has a hole that is somewhat bigger than the fitting that goes into the top of the pump. should i seal that extra hole space, it might be letting mb escape down? also what about the base with the 4 screws and rubber ring around them, should i tighten it all the way down at the screw is sticking out the back?

Back