SC 150 skimmer review pics

You buys I finally discovered the perfect way to do the gate valve mod it only cost $6 in PVC plus another $20-40 depending on where you get your valve I personally went with the spears gate valve on BRS it cost $40 shipped I purchased a atman 2500 from theljnet on eBay and I will be fitting it into the 302 he says it is possible but it takes quite a bit of modification.

hey do u guys know where i can buy Mesh Impeller for atman pump 2000 for my sca 302.. i want to do heavy bio so i need skimmer more powerful..
thanks

hey do u guys know where i can buy Mesh Impeller for atman pump 2000 for my sca 302.. i want to do heavy bio so i need skimmer more powerful..
thanks
You can make one I will be doing a tutorial on that in a week or two. If you want to upgrade to the atman 2500 like I am doing and they do sell premade mesh impellers for that pump.

You can make one I will be doing a tutorial on that in a week or two. If you want to upgrade to the atman 2500 like I am doing and they do sell premade mesh impellers for that pump.

so could u send me a link or video that u doing a tutorial.. i want to see it ..
thank for your help:bounce2:

I will be making a tutorial on the mesh wheel when I get my atman 2500 sometime this week. I did the mod on the 2000 today and the difference is completely noticeable it overflows unless I have the gate valve fully open and the skimmer raised to the point the venturi is less than 2" below the surface. I am now considering extending the neck so I can adjust it without getting rid of the mesh mod. Plus it will increase the size of the reaction chamber and make it more efficient. I just wish the gate valve mod and neck extension mod wouldn't effect the height and foot print of the skimmer so much. Hopefully I can use normally sized PVC to extend the neck. If all my mods that I'm doing work out I bet this skimmer could handle a well stocked 120 gallon tank.

I will be making a tutorial on the mesh wheel when I get my atman 2500 sometime this week. I did the mod on the 2000 today and the difference is completely noticeable it overflows unless I have the gate valve fully open and the skimmer raised to the point the venturi is less than 2" below the surface. I am now considering extending the neck so I can adjust it without getting rid of the mesh mod. Plus it will increase the size of the reaction chamber and make it more efficient. I just wish the gate valve mod and neck extension mod wouldn't effect the height and foot print of the skimmer so much. Hopefully I can use normally sized PVC to extend the neck. If all my mods that I'm doing work out I bet this skimmer could handle a well stocked 120 gallon tank.

Sale to me ur 2100pump mod.. since u have 2500 pump.. :fun2:
.. cant wait to see movies.
Thx

Still waiting on the pump it will likely be here either tommorow or the day after. With the two mods I've made so far it is already skimming like crazy. Can't wait it see it when I'm done hopefully it will be the Frankenstein of skimmers.

Im setting up a 45 + 50 gallons sump, actual volume close to 70-75 total because of baffles, etc....

Would the 302 work well in this situation?

The system will have one yellow tang and some clean up crew. I bought the 301 for a tank im setting up for my dad, and it seems like a nice skimmer for the price.

need help on my 302. got it running for almost 2 weeks now, sitting in 8" of water. the dial tube is set around 3.5 but it is still over flowing from the top. also looking at some pictures here and comparing it with mine, the micro bubbles comes almost all the way to the bottom vise around the bubble plate. what should I do or what should I be looking at on this?

still having same problem after 3 weeks.

I had to set mine at 2 or lower for awhile. It kept overflowing as well. 4 weeks later I am up to about 2.5-3. In the picture I have it set on 3 and the skimmate is a little light. It seems to pull out some dark stuff at 2.5 so I am going to leave it at 2.5 for now. I have it in about 8-8.5 inches of water.
null_zpsbb28cd98.jpg

I 've had my 302 for about a week now and it's awesome pulls out a lot more than my old style swc nw 150. Also a lot more quiet as in i can't hear it at all. which sucks because the old NW was near my youngest daughters room and made a pretty loud suction sound and apparently acted as "white noise" which my daughter grew accustomed too and now it's too quiet and she's waking up at night easier. I had to shorten my drain line so it made more of a splashing sound so she stays asleep. I am confused about one thing where are people measuring the depth for the skimmer? Is is water line to base or water line to pump? Mine is 7 inches at the base of the skimmer and was wondering if i should lower it more? If I raise it up the water level drops in the body and the turbulence is horible so if i lower it will the turbulence be less?

So I have my 302 up for a week it is sitting in 8" of water on 75gal tank w 30g sump. It is set at close off as best I can tell and it still skims very wet. The collection cup fills up in 5-10 min all the micro bibles are all the way up the neck. My bio load is very light two gobies and a cuc. Does it just need a longer Break in period or am I doing something wrong.

I purchased a atman 2500 from theljnet on eBay and I will be fitting it into the 302 he says it is possible but it takes quite a bit of modification.

Did you get the 2500 to fit? Can you tell us the dimension differences between the 2500 and the 2000.

Anyone else try other pumps that worked?

got the 302 today ordered week ago. unfortunately, came with small crack on body above where they had the outflow pvc pipe installed during shipping. would have been better if they just left that piece off.

Back