Schreiba's ADA 60-F

Very nice tank! What's your plan for all the acan's down on the sandbed? Maybe an all acan island? Just don't let them get to close to your sps, I've lost an acro or two that way.

Very nice tank! What's your plan for all the acan's down on the sandbed? Maybe an all acan island? Just don't let them get to close to your sps, I've lost an acro or two that way.

Thanks crypsis!! Right now I'm just growing them out in the sand so that maybe one day when I upgrade I'll have some mini colonies to start with. If they grow pretty quick I could also take out the GSP rock and maybe have a flat and low rock to put them on. Although the last time I mentioned taking out the GSP rock lots of people chimed in saying how they love it :p

+1 . My Setosa fell in my Acan , major burn .

This tank is so clean looking and the photo's are so crisp . Nice job . Call me a dummy but what is a MAME ?

+1 . My Setosa fell in my Acan , major burn .

This tank is so clean looking and the photo's are so crisp . Nice job . Call me a dummy but what is a MAME ?

Thanks!! I'll make sure I watch out for that too. A MAME is a glass overflow/return piece which is basically the equivalent of lily pipes except it's purpose is to be an overflow. Here's an article that can describe it better than me lol

http://************.com/2010/06/07/handon-mame-nano-overflow-lily-pipe-reef-aquariums/

I would leave the gsp rock as well. The color it adds more than makes up for it's weedy growth. I've learned to keep it isolated on it's own islands to keep it from taking over the rest of your reef.

Sorry if I missed it in your thread - what made you go with having a sump? You seemed to be doing well prior to the mame, no?

Love the tank, BTW!

Sorry if I missed it in your thread - what made you go with having a sump? You seemed to be doing well prior to the mame, no?

Love the tank, BTW!

Not to speak for the OP but, a skimmer is what they mentioned using a sump for.

On a side note; they can throw in an ATO now and not see it since the tank is so small. A nice addition for the long haul IMO.

I would leave the gsp rock as well. The color it adds more than makes up for it's weedy growth. I've learned to keep it isolated on it's own islands to keep it from taking over the rest of your reef.

Yeah I've pretty much decided to keep it. Thanks for advice too though!! I have to keep cutting off these small pieces because it's trying to reach itself to the next closest rock :p

Love the tank, BTW!

Not to speak for the OP but, a skimmer is what they mentioned using a sump for.

On a side note; they can throw in an ATO now and not see it since the tank is so small. A nice addition for the long haul IMO.

You nailed it there! Even though the skimmer is not completely necessary for such a small tank I feel like it's having a big effect because I have noticed many of my SPS becoming more colorful. And getting the ATO out of the display is a big bonus too. I can run everything I did before plus some new things too, and the maintenance is much simpler.

Beautiful tank... What do you have that is suspending the light? (Not the wires but the L bars)

Where did you get the stand? Also, is the light hanger a DIY?

Thanks! The stand is from Ikea they had it on sale for pretty cheap too recently. The light hanger is a DIY, its steel piping that I painted black. Pretty simple and not too expensive and I'm not worried about it breaking at all :p If you want more details about it just let me know.
I love this tank
Thanks Robbie Reefer!!

It's been awhile since I posted any pictures so here's a few of my acans. As soon as I clean the MAME I'll get a new FTS up too :happy:

Back