Schreiba's ADA 60-F

Nice

Nice

Scott Michael 101 Best Marine Inverts recommendation too! I was going to attempt a 60-P half scape with rock configuration, then do a Birds Nest coral by itself on the other side. Stopped by the fish store today to check out Fiji Blue Devil, Orchid Dottyback, Bicolor Blenny, Yellow Clown Goby, Citron Clown Goby, etc. That grass looking polyp stuff is cool. Lots of good Euphylias at the shop too, plans in work.

Scott Michael 101 Best Marine Inverts recommendation too! I was going to attempt a 60-P half scape with rock configuration, then do a Birds Nest coral by itself on the other side. Stopped by the fish store today to check out Fiji Blue Devil, Orchid Dottyback, Bicolor Blenny, Yellow Clown Goby, Citron Clown Goby, etc. That grass looking polyp stuff is cool. Lots of good Euphylias at the shop too, plans in work.

Yeah that would definitely look good! I love birdsnest colonies and I'm hoping mine eventually gets to that point. All of those fish sound good too, I wish I had a blenny in my tank sometimes.

Thanks!! It's 8.6 gallons

Wow, it is very deceiving. I would have put it closer to 15-20 gal! I'm also subbing to the thread and plan to do something very similar after our move next month.

Is there a chance you can take a picture that shows the entire setup? I can almost see the LED's in one picture, but am curious how you mounted them.

Beautiful tank!

All these beautiful ADA 60-F have definitely convinced me to go with this for my new tank. I'm going to do a glass bottom with some nice coralined pieces of LR I have in my current tank. Run a canister as well and I already have an MP10. Will most likely do two Par38 LEDs, looks like what your running. Thanks for the inspiration!

Wow, it is very deceiving. I would have put it closer to 15-20 gal! I'm also subbing to the thread and plan to do something very similar after our move next month.

Is there a chance you can take a picture that shows the entire setup? I can almost see the LED's in one picture, but am curious how you mounted them.

Beautiful tank!

Thanks!! Yeah it tricks everyone because of the depth :p But shallow tanks are great I would recommend them to anyone! Here's shot of when I had the LED's:

I'm now running a 24" Giesemann infiniti fixture though that is 1x 150W MH and 4 T-5's

All these beautiful ADA 60-F have definitely convinced me to go with this for my new tank. I'm going to do a glass bottom with some nice coralined pieces of LR I have in my current tank. Run a canister as well and I already have an MP10. Will most likely do two Par38 LEDs, looks like what your running. Thanks for the inspiration!

Thanks!! I love being able to provide inspiration to others and see their great tanks! Good luck and be sure to start a build thread.

Thanks. Were you unhappy with the Par38s?

Umm I wouldn't say unhappy. I just felt like I wasn't getting the growth and color with the acros that I should. Every other coral was great and colorful including the birdsnest and monti's but the acros didn't seem to be growing the same as I have seen on other people's build threads. I was also not getting 100% coverage with the PAR bulbs as I can getting now with my current lighting. If you're not looking to have SPS all over the tank then the PAR bulbs are perfect but since I want that to be my focus I felt that the MH +T5 would be better and is proving to work well so far :)

Incredible tank!
I'm thinking about doing a similar setup. How is the lily pipe on surface scum? Does the surface stay crystal clear?

Back