Some anemones in Fiji

Thanks for the bump Those are truly amazing pictures of beautiful anemones and their natural setting. The one time I did any snorkeling was a couple years before I really knew about reefs. I so want to do it again from a new viewpoint:)

Where I stayed.

fiji11.jpg

What it looked like at sunset :)

fiji12.jpg

Where is this and how was the pricing/amenities? All I need is a hammock and food. Who cares about the internet. Well maybe a place to charge my camera batteries.

Where is this and how was the pricing/amenities? All I need is a hammock and food. Who cares about the internet. Well maybe a place to charge my camera batteries.

This was on a private island in the Mamanukas. Assume $2500 per person for 10 days, including airfare from LAX, all transfers and meals, ocean-front bure (cabin) on a private island with 10 bures total.

You could do it for a little less if you stayed on one of the day-tripper islands that cater to the backpackers from Australia and Asia. Airfare is going to be 50% of the cost.

Send me a PM if you want to know specifically where I stayed. (Photo of Monuriki Island) You want to stay in the Mamanukas or the Yasawas.

monuriki.jpg

Last edited:
Checking out that pic of the Haddoni...talk about shallow...I would love to see what the par levels are for comparisons sake.

Thank you for the reply. Finishing up my fact finding and will send you a PM.

Leave it to RC addicts to even think about standing around in the ocean holding a PAR meter.... :)

wow that is just so................ beautifull!!!!!!!!

Believe it or not, more than 50% of the islands in Fiji are uninhabited. They are all small, and rocky, and not really conducive for development... but that doesn't make them any less romantic :) On this trip I would sit in my lounge chair, with water lapping at my feet, drink in hand, and watch as the sun would set over a dozen of these islands on the horizon.

The island in the photo was used as the setting for the film "Castaway" starring Tom Hanks.

Believe it or not, more than 50% of the islands in Fiji are uninhabited. They are all small, and rocky, and not really conducive for development... but that doesn't make them any less romantic :) On this trip I would sit in my lounge chair, with water lapping at my feet, drink in hand, and watch as the sun would set over a dozen of these islands on the horizon.

The island in the photo was used as the setting for the film "Castaway" starring Tom Hanks.

In a word, that is what I call "Paradise".

The place I stay at has a small biology library for snorkelers / green tourists. I am bringing them a gift:

book.jpg

please make sure you bring 2 under-water cameras, just in case one of them breaks. really, that's what happened to me this summer when i was snorkling in the carribean and the cam decided to call it quit.

In addition to my standard underwater camera, I'll be bringing a couple GoPro's. I hope to have some anemone videos.

Beautiful photos, thanks for sharing, natures beauty and isnt it amazing. Wow that is one good size Mertensii, haddoni. Beautiful island too.

Back