Tamarin Wrasse Primer.

014copy-2.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Bradley, what is the wrasse on the left? Its gorgeous!

that would have been agreat adddition to my collection ! i will have ti wait for another to come up and next time he is mine .
acesq what a nice trio of wrasses ! very nice man !

that would have been agreat adddition to my collection ! i will have ti wait for another to come up and next time he is mine .
acesq what a nice trio of wrasses ! very nice man !
That's Bradleyj's tank, I was asking about one of the fish in the picture. I can only wish.....

Thanks guys, that pic is from my tank, and today there is another Lennardi's wrasse on DD.
Thats 3 days in a row. My tank temp is just a bit too high for the Lennardi, So today I was lucky enough to get the Kuiter's leopard pair.

Thanks guys, that pic is from my tank, and today there is another Lennardi's wrasse on DD.
Thats 3 days in a row. My tank temp is just a bit too high for the Lennardi, So today I was lucky enough to get the Kuiter's leopard pair.

Sweet. Look forward to seeing some pictures of them.

I was wondering who got that Kuiter pair. I initially got the black one but then realized the damaged mouth. Even though it was eating well, I just was afraid the visual of the damaged mouth would be a constant distraction for me. I see it's back up there. Sorry to go off topic but this thread seems a little rangey anyway.

well im a bit ticked off right now as i just hit the divers den section and they a=have another lennards tamarin wrasse for sale $699.99 ! i just got done paying off all my christmas stuff and also prepaid a few thousand on my utilities ,bought snow tires for two cars and paid a years dog and car insurance which leaves me with a few thousand cushion which i never like to go below and then this bad boy comes up a month before i will have my monster tank up and running so what to do ? i really want him but i think i will have to be smart right now and wait till my big tank is up or i could just piggy back a tank in my basement until then which would cost me zilch seeing as i have everything bought for my big tank and it actually would help cycle the new sand at the same time .they do say they are delicate and although i want him bad i like to make purchases like this with mad money not my cushion cash . wow what to do ? i think i will have to take it slow tonite and hopefully someone will purchase him first .i have such an itch for this guy i cant stand it and realistically may never see one for sale ............yah or nay is the question of the day .oh yes plus im purchasing plane tickets for vacation next month which i must add to the mix of things . OMG what to do i am the wrasseman !

Don't worry, you're still the wrasseman with or without the Lennards. That's some fish. Are you concerned about the temp requirements?

for the most part yes the temp is a minor issue as all my tanks are plumbed with a common sump but i do keep them twards the cooler side at about 74 to 76 degrees so i am in the correct upper end of their requirements . that being said i am in the middle of somewhat researching the proper tank temp for my hammers ,torches and frogspawns that i have been collecting and it seems that they would appreciate it if i were to go up a few degrees so im stuck in the middle . that darn fish is still available too as i just saw ,my wife says "get it!" but my head says" hold on cowboy" . its funny cause usually i would say screw it and just do it as we live only once but i ...............don't know ? i can guarentee that if he is still on the list on Sunday he will be on a plane to my house on Monday,so time will tell .if only this guy popped up a couple of months from now i t would be easy . my only other concern will be his tankmates as he would have to be housed in a newly set up tank temporarily or go into my community tank with a soupy mix of wrasses that all get along great at this point .

Back