Tamarin Wrasse Primer.

from what i have been reading there are a few dozen in the US but more to come . i was just looking at one on worldwildcorals for ~ get this $1400.00 US and they are a bit deceiving because they list them as "easy care" and believe me any Tamarin wrasse is pretty much difficult if not impossible for the average Joe schmo . they have a bunch of them at route66.com but its wholesale only check it out there's a couple of videos on you tube on them from route66.com ..... i just emailed divers den with a couple of questions on them and if they come up with the right answers hes mine ! but time will tell as he will probably be gone before the morning . ya never know ?

Good luck, Wrasseman. I hope 2011 brings you a lennards wrasse :)
I've been admiring it on DD. Luckily they don't ship to Canada. But I thought it might almost be worth a trip to the border...
But, my LFS is going to bring in a vivienne's leopard wrasse for me, or at least try to, so I will content myself with that for now.
Along with my gorgeous tamarin, leopard and ornate leopard wrasses...

That is what, the third or fourth one listed on DD in a week or so? My hunch is more will come. It could be the next "lotilia graciliosa", who knows.

I did make an attempt on that Kuiteri pair and had them in my cart, if not for a technical error on my end they would have been mine. Oh well, live to fight another day :)

teemee, your collection sounds great ! we will have to see what 2011 brings !
Jacob D i hope they find a pair for you soon .there's nothing like the present but we can always wish for the future .
im trying to get my lfs to connect with route66 asap and see what the price is there but again time will tell . i tried emailing divers den but got no reply from them .they dont respond here on RC anymore ,i wonder whats going on there ?

That is what, the third or fourth one listed on DD in a week or so? My hunch is more will come. It could be the next "lotilia graciliosa", who knows.

I did make an attempt on that Kuiteri pair and had them in my cart, if not for a technical error on my end they would have been mine. Oh well, live to fight another day :)

I'm sorry Jacob D, But your technical difficulty must of been my chance to grab them.
I was expecting them on Thursday, but we got hit with a major snowstorm and Liveaquaria called and didn't want to risk it. Me either. Just another example of great care on their part.
I expect they will ship them to me monday and receive them tuesday.

they do have a top notch facility and the utmost care is given for each and every fish IMO . they did contact me with a cover letter and said they would get back to me soon so i look forward to their response .
kuieteri lepoard ! niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeee and a pair ? ooooooo best wishes there ! happy new year to all !

I purchased an anampses neoguinaicus a week ago, it was eating at the store but it looked skinny. They are rare here so I took it home (it was in QT for two months at the lfs). It's been looking a lot better, very active, pecking at the rocks, swimming along with all the other fish, eating good.

here it is a week ago
anampses1-1.jpg

here it is now
anampses2.jpg

anampses6.jpg

fat belly
anampses4.jpg

You can see its getting fatter behind the eyes, not so sunken in anymore. Below the eyes it's still too skinny.
I really hope it survives but my hopes are good. It's getting fatter and it has a big tank, frequent feedings etc. Anyone here has a neoguinaicus?

Picked up a yellowtail on Dec. 23rd from a LFS.....drip acclimated and straight to the tank....was picking at the rocks within 10 minutes.....started eating Ocean Nutrition Formula One pellets the last 2 days. Will take the flake into its mouth, but then spits it right back out.

tamarin.jpg

That's awesome. These guys have a rough time in our tanks, usually from how they are handled when captured. It's nice to see one doing well. Best of luck with her. You have a good start.

update on my neo

when i just got it
anampses1-1.jpg

maybe a week later
anampses5.jpg

and just now
ana3.jpg

it's eating mysis now wich is good :) I think it's gonna make it, I need another week or three before it will be completely fat again.
I am sooo glad it doesnt have that sunken head anymore.
Someone told me that a neoguinaicus in the state like I bougt it almost never survives. Wich made me scared :( but it is doing well right?

looks like he is doing great as his head and belly have fattened up quite well .

This is by far my favourite fish and I would be very sad if it would die. I feed it at least 5 times a day so all my other fish are overweight now :lmao:
Can they be kept in groups? Or pairs? Because I would love to have a group of these swimming in my tank. But I have my eye on a femininus so I will have my hands full before I can add another neoguinaicus.

i have never had more than one in a tanks so i am not sure . some anampses are somewhat aggressive so you may want to keep an eye out if you do get another one .a femininus would be a great addition but are somewhat susceptible to shipping stress so be sure that yours is settled in before you purchase .

Don't we all have our eye on a femininus. LOL
Just getting your hands on a healthy one is the problem.

Don't we all have our eye on a femininus. LOL
Just getting your hands on a healthy one is the problem.

I know, it's no problem ordering one in, but they ship so badly so the lfs has to order 10 and maybe 1 or 2 will survive... That gets the price up too...
But I have someone looking out for a healthy one. Now it's a waiting game.

i have two juveniles but he is stunning ! i hope mine grow up to be that beautiful ~
someone got a beauty IMO . im still toying with the female lennardi tamarin wrasse they have there.

Back