Tank of the Month - October 2004

Congratulations John!! The tank looks wonderful. It's come a long way this year, just beautiful looking! :thumbsup:

John,

Do you have a broader shot of the tank from the front with the top panel closed? I'm also putting a 180 in the wall and would like to see your overall framing and panel. Thanks

Great tank

Great tank

great ank this prob dont mean much cuz there r lik 40 other great tank reply on here but i luv it i reALLY WISH I COULD do sps coral but seein im only 14 and my dad wont do anyhin so i could have really high lights ill have to settle with soft corals but im gonna hold my head up high and be proud of wat i can do i hope that 1 day i can hav a tank lik urs but right now ill hav to imporve my patience exprience and my love for this hobby will hopfully keep me goin on and i hope i jsut dont lost interest because ive lost alost of money and sleep on this hobby but i luv it well great tank and its nice to see sum1 else who started at a young age
Nick

I was trying to find this thread earlier today but couldn't...Anyway!

BEAUTIFUL TANK!!!

Your 180 is the nicest I have seen. I really enjoyed your thread on your tank, I must have showed everyone I knew!

Well Deserved!

Mike

M2gris..
Kev apsley..
Gerard Alba..
Chris D.
Aquaguru.. Thank You, I really appreciate it...

Pi.

As close to an id as I can come to this is loripes, but not real sure, but I will say, it is a very slow grower....

Reefwaters,

The clowns were hosting a colt coral if I remember correctly, until I removed it for more sps frags..

littlesilvermax,

Thanks, I really like the look of the 14k's, but the bac side of my tank was a little too dim,so I putin the day bulb to help out....
My halides have always been changed at about 9-10 months, but we will see with these new de's.
Corals get fed phytoplankton and cyclops.
As far as the angel goes, it didn't take long for it to figure out that the tangs were eating somehting good from that clip...

Ottemann,

Thank You, Thanks to reefkeeper,I see he posted the mod for me..

JBNY,

Joe, Thank You sir, as you know, yours has been one of the systems I admire often.

Leakyreef,

I will try and post one for you...

Reefer 521,

Nick, Thank You, glad to see you want to continue with the hobby,but keep in mind, better to save up and do it right, than to try and just rush into it. I am sure someday you willl have the tank of your dreams..

MacnReef,

Thank You very much, the response is really kind of overwhelming...........

Tank of the Month, October

Tank of the Month, October

Beautiful tank! You have a great asthetic sense.

Can you tell us what kind of clown gobies you have? Are they eating anything besides the red bugs and the corals they perch on?

Also, 300-400 hermits? Is that a typo? That seems astounding!

kenbow, Thanks my friend, I enjoy spending time with everyone over there.....

Cabin,

Thanks, The gobies are the green ones, sorry, that is about as specific as I can get, they eat mysis, and I think some of the brine shrimp, but they do a number on the corals they host in...

As far as the hermits go, that is not a typo, I strongly believe that a good clean-up crew is important, but these little micro hermits I get from keyscritters have been actually seen eating the red bugs, and since I am to afraid to use the interceptor treatment in my system, I hope to keep them in check with these. I am also in the process of trying some amino acids suppliments to aid in the defense systems of the infected sps..

Thank You Skip, could not find that pic........

Congratulations John! In my thread last month I wrote this in response to your kind words...

"John Brancheau thanks bud! Your tank Iââ"šÂ¬Ã¢"žÂ¢ve admired too and is a definite future TOTMââ"šÂ¬Ã‚¦"

... I wasn't the only one who saw it coming. Your attention to detail artistically and technically is evident and you have that intangible quality that makes a great reefer...

Good luck responding to the hoards of e-mails, PMs, and comments!:)

John Coppolino

Majestic,
Joseph,
Thank You, Thank you.....

Copps,

Thanks John, I appreciate it, the pm's , e-mails ,and responses have been fun, I enjoy talkin reefs, but this time of the year is always hectic for me, so I am trying to keep up the best I can, all in all, it hasn't been that bad..

What a gorgeous tank!

What a gorgeous tank!

Hey John :)

Loved browsing your pictures and specs on your system. Thanx for contributing, was very nicely done!

John, I must say that the framing and front panel on your system is as nice as the contents inside the tank. Looks like it was done by a professional. If not, then take that as a compliment.

Congrats John!! Stunning in pics and even more so in person! Very well deserved!

Mucho, awesome shots with your camera!

John,

Your tank is very beautiful! I only hope one day my tank fills in as nicely as yours.

My question is, have you any luck with drmaccorals.com? In your opinion, what is your favorite online retailer that seems to provide an excellent product time and time again? (if you have used any). Thanks John cant wait to see what your tank looks like a year from now!

Back