Tanks with Marco rocks

crazywesc

I'm about to buy some marco rock and was wondering if anybody has any pics of it cured in their tank. And how long did it take to turn live and start getting coraline?

I will get some pics tomorrow, i did not get the rock from marco but i got it from someone who gets it from the same supplier he does.

They look great, but just beware of the hit-and-miss customer service with Marco rocks. I gave up on them and end up paying more at another place instead of their frustrating service.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11882061#post11882061 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by cy88
They look great, but just beware of the hit-and-miss customer service with Marco rocks. I gave up on them and end up paying more at another place instead of their frustrating service.
Could you explain a little bit more about there service. As i'm ordering thurs.

I order from Marco Rocks 2 and a half weeks ago and still have not received a notice that my rocks have shipped. I have sent numerous emails and only got one reply last week saying my rock would ship Wednesday. Still has not shipped. I am going to try to cancel my order. I have heard his rocks are great but his CS has been lacking lately.

Here's mine a month ago, it hasn't really changed much since then. I haven't noticed any coralline yet, but the tank isn't lit very much (waiting on the lights).

01-16-08_2032.jpg

I bought and paid for Marco Rocks on a Fri and received them the next Thursday. I asked for medium to large rocks, and that is what I received. My only complaint is: I swear that two of the larger rocks are concrete!!! The orange and whiter rocks in picture are the Marco's.

003-1.jpg

120 lbs of Marco rocks cured in a 150G main display with a few pounds of coralline encrusted rubble.

Week 1

DSC03702.jpg
[/IMG]

5 months later
Feb10.jpg
[/IMG]

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11882248#post11882248 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by crazywesc
Could you explain a little bit more about there service. As i'm ordering thurs.

Marc is in my local reef club --- I think that he has been out in CA (we are in MA) to straighten out some business. I would be patient with him, his rocks are awesome and cheap!

We have a 180 & 250 lbs of marco rocks all together between 80 gal sump & display

great stuff easy to work with places for small fish to hide in within the rock:)

steve & nicole

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11883086#post11883086 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Deuce67
120 lbs of Marco rocks cured in a 150G main display with a few pounds of coralline encrusted rubble.

Week 1

DSC03702.jpg
[/IMG]
OMGªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªºº

5 months later
Feb10.jpg
[/IMG]

I set up my tank with 95% marco rock and 5% live rock. The marco rocks looked white up until about a month ago. The tank has been set up since september. I can see all of the pretty shades of green and purple starting to come in on some of the rocks. I got a lot of cool shapes and big pices. For me customer service was great. I will post some pictures for you a little bit later.

Mike

Great pics everyone!!! I hope I dont have any problems with the shipping delays. I love how porus his rock is.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11889956#post11889956 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by carb850
Wow, what a nice looking tank! You got that much Coraline in 6 months!?!

Nope, I got that much coralline in 2 months :D . I did help spread it with a hard bristle toothbrush.

I purchased 120 lbs on a tuesday and received 128 lbs the following wednesday. They were so light... I really felt that I got my money's worth.
100_1324.jpg

I cooked them for 3 days in a 10:1 water/vinegar solution which was not enough. I should've doubled it... as they leached a lot of phosphates in my tank. Not Marco's fault. I was impatient.
I built this reef with them... they were easy to work with.
100_1413.jpg

100_1552.jpg

I have seeded it with coraline dust. It's only had water for two weeks. I think it'l take a few months.

Back