The angel thread to end all angel threads: all owners of angelfish in reefs respond!!

Loricula/ferrugatus hybrid, full SPS, no touching. I often see her from a distance doing what looks like picking, but then I get closer and see she's picking at the rockwork between colonies :)

Male & female Bellus Angels mixed reef (SPS,LPS,softies) do not pick on anything. I have had them about a year.

Centropyge Eibli kept in LPS tank not safe
Centropyge Bispinosus and Centropyge Bicolor in soft coral tank safe,dont do anything to clams.

African Flameback. Fine for 6 months, then started picking at LPS corals (open brains, acans), then developed a taste for SPS. Seemed to leave the clam alone.

Eibel angel. removed after three months - nipped at leathers. xenia, polyps, euphillia

Flame Angel (2 specimens over 3 years) completely reef safe - no noticeable picking
(housed with sps, lps, clams acans, zoas)

Multibar angel. 2mo so far - safe with most sps only. picked at lps, polyps, cyphastrea and undata

Majestic, 2 mo so far) - only picked at acans

Some corals just can not be kept with angels PERIOD. Sadly, Trachy's top the list. But then, even tangs will eat them. They must be really tasty!

Matthew

I have in my 120g mixed LPS and zoa reef,

1 bicolor angel
1 flame angel
1 black nox angel
1 rusty
1 venus

Its been around 2 months and they havent touched anything. I feed them twice a day to keep them fat and happy.

flame angel and coral beauty. reef safe. three plus years with clams, sps, lps, leathers and zoas. thinking of adding regal or majestic in future.

Update - Bellus Pair reef safe going on two years
Flame Angel - Reef safe going on 7 months

I keep Softies, Clams, LPS, & SPS.

Flame angel for 2 years with some zo's, xenias, and a VERY big Toadstool. I'd like to add a giant clam, but it's too expensive a risk for me.

Back