The Bubble-Magus Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
saltydragon, how deep is the water in your sump. That is what mine looked like when it was in 7" of water. I had to turn the slit pipe to less that 2 and restrict the air going into the pump.

Once I got 9" of water in the sump it worked as it should. It really worked well when it had 11"-12" of water but my sump design won't allow that.

my water level is 9"....
and i believe the wedge pipe is all the way in...the white dot is right above the numbers.....i restricted the air slightly and the water level went up a tad...

seems like theres a good amount of water being pushed into the skimmer...theres like a volcano of foam inside the skimmer....but its lacking the higher water level that im looking for..

might have to try this guy if it doesnt improve...
got it from chris...but it looks like the BM100 V2 pinwheel...im not sure...he said its stronger but more noisy..
DSC_0746.jpg

I don't know what could be the issue with the water level... nice pinwheel. I wish that instead of 2 meshwheels there would have been 1 of each that way there would be another option if necessary.

Mine continues to crank out the funk. Even after a waterchange, it was back to pulling within maybe 20 mins or so.

Re: Bubble-Magus BMQQ Skimmer

Re: Bubble-Magus BMQQ Skimmer

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13273946#post13273946 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mavgi
Today i had the pleasure to meet Chris , he was an awesome guy :)

I received the Bubble-Magus BMQQ Skimmer for my friend and i break it in on my system . this skimmer will run on 35 gallon tank that just cycle right now with 3 small fish . meantime i have the fun to see how this little toy will perform .here is a first pictures after i install the skimmer .

this one take when at the begin and shown how the water level low in the skimmer body.

<center>
Picture012.jpg
</center>

this one shown how the water level start to rise in the skimmer body , i hope tomorrow to see some skimmate .

<center>
Picture015.jpg
</center>
Found it thanks everyone. I am thinking about putting it in a 30 gallon no sump tank. The problem without a sump you need a good turn over with the skimmer. This looks promising, It is BMQQ model I think it is under 100 bucks. Thanks again

great news.....day 2 and it has totally changed...
my nac6 is foaming!....i had to turn the wedge pipe to 2.5 and now its working as it should....still running a bit dry but i can say it will get better as the days go by...plus i am building a new sump for my 20g and the skimmer section will have 10" so this skimmer will be happy..

i also tried taking the mesh impeller apart with no luck.....i was thinking of remeshing the impeller later on...but that top piece is very stubborn ..or its glued on..

Last edited:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15251846#post15251846 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by saltydragon

i also tried taking the mesh impeller apart with no luck.....i was thinking of remeshing the impeller later on...but that top piece is very stubborn ..or its glued on..

Everything comes apart with a little persuasion...

plankton how do you think the nac6 is for your 125 tank? too small? or do you think its up to the task! this skimmer has peaked my interest.
saltydragon when you get it apart take pictures do you think extra layers could go in and improve performance?

I think it does OK. Probably not the best out there, but definitely not the worst either. It pulls some nice funk continually and so far I'm pleased with it.

i tried taking the meshwheel apart and the plastic is starting to break...or im just manhandling it...haha...

im sure there is already 2 layers of mesh...but cant really tell if there is 2 or 3 layers...another layer will most likely help it draw more air...or push a little more water...and possibly can use a lower sump level which would be great..but cant say until its tried..

what are you guys using for a feed pump on the BL160 model??? I think i read somewhere no more then 1000 l/hr. That is basically a maxijet 1200. is this enough?

I received a new impeller for BM100 yesterday for replacement.
Is it normal a noise as air pump with this new impeller?
Is There anything to do to be more silent?

leo is the pump vibrating or is it the air sucking noise?not really understanding what you saying....

im thinking my nac6's bubble diffuser is a tad small....im thinking of building a bigger one to see if there will be less turbulence in the chamber...so far its skimming pretty well for a $138 skimmer......just a tad wet...but im still giving it more time

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15290046#post15290046 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by saltydragon
leo is the pump vibrating or is it the air sucking noise?not really understanding what you saying....

im thinking my nac6's bubble diffuser is a tad small....im thinking of building a bigger one to see if there will be less turbulence in the chamber...so far its skimming pretty well for a $138 skimmer......just a tad wet...but im still giving it more time

Saltydragon,
The noise is by internal pump vibration and I'm thinking it's caused by impeller rotation.

Leo - I think you would need to get in touch with Chris. I believe this was a problem they had but was supposed to be rectified. I've heard they've sent out new replacement impellers. They have great customer service.

pIankton -I've bought my BM100 in a store here in Brazil and now they are doing a impeller recall. I received the new piece for replacement and so, it's skimming well.
Before, with the other piece was too noisy and was crashed 2 times.
I think and hope now that's ok.

I have a bm160, does anyone knows what size gate valve you need for this skimmer? It would need to be valved for optimum skimming. Has anyone done this yet?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15321193#post15321193 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by rsaavedra
I have a bm160, does anyone knows what size gate valve you need for this skimmer? It would need to be valved for optimum skimming. Has anyone done this yet?

why would you need a gate valve. can you elaborate?

can you show picture of the modification?
c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back