The Bubble-Magus Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Bubble Magus Nac 3.5

Here are some crappy pics i took yesterday from my phone after the skimmer was running for about 20 min

PIC_0339.jpg

Bubble Magus Nac 3.5

PIC_0353.jpg

new sump arrangement (i have a bigger fuge now, even though my old skimmer was external...go figure)

PIC_0354.jpg

started pulling stuff out immediately

PIC_0355.jpg

it makes some nice foam

I will update after the skimmer breaks in (with an actual camera)

BM-NAC6A for $150 w/ shipping

BM-NAC6A for $150 w/ shipping

Howdy all... just a quick note. Picked up a NAC6A on eBay from:

http://stores.ebay.com/Premium-Aquatics-Inc

They had it listed as $199 but with a "make offer" option. Love to low ball :dance:

Seemed the cheapest I could find.... some sites shipping are pretty high on these skimmers from what I've seen.

Happy Skimming!

NAC5A Problems

NAC5A Problems

Just accepted delivery of a NAC5A, but have a problem with the pump. The pump will not work when the O-ring and bayonet-lock is in place, the needle wheel, rotor/magnet spins with out the O-ring and bayonet-lock. It is almost as if the ceramic shaft is to long.

Anyone got any ideas?

Anyone have the NAC-QQ? I just ordered mine from SoCal but it looks like Im going to have to wait till the end of July for it to come in.

Hey guys. I have a chance to get a na6a for $100. I was wondering if its really worth it to get a na7. I know the only difference is the cone, but is it worth the extra cash? This will be going on an 80gal + 40gal sump. So about 80-90gal total volume. Mojo from the skimmer Q&A said the na6a would handle the load just fine, but I wanted to ask some people with that currently have this skimmer to chime in. Thanks.

What can you get a 7 for? I paid $230. I would try the 6 rather than spending the additional $130. I paid $30 exra for the 7 over what I could find the 6 for. I love the 7, but never tried a 6 so can't tell you if it is better.

I'm getting the slimmer used from a friend of mine. Its only 3 weeks old. He upgrading to a bigger tank and had the na6 on his 125. It did well for him. I was just wonder what other people thought.

Yep! I already decided to pick it up. I wanted to ask what others thought of it. If this thing does well, I'm even thinking of picking up a second one for a future 125 FOWLR build.

Just accepted delivery of a NAC5A, but have a problem with the pump. The pump will not work when the O-ring and bayonet-lock is in place, the needle wheel, rotor/magnet spins with out the O-ring and bayonet-lock. It is almost as if the ceramic shaft is to long.

Anyone got any ideas?

Sorry for the late response.

I had the exact same problem a couple months ago. The back rubber piece that holds the shaft in place is not pressed all the way in. You can feel it suck in once you have pushed it into place far enough. Don't push way hard though because you will break the shaft.

Hope that helps.

How would you compare the 180cs to a SRO XP-2000 internal? Think the aquabee is as good or better then a bubble blaster? I hear the Aquabee is silent this is a huge plus IMO?

Last edited:
Ok bubble mag experts witch skimmer do you all think is the better skimmer

ESHOPP VS BEBBLE MAUGUS

1 The ESHOPPS
PSK-75H
body: 3" x 14"
* Total Height: 23"
* Footprint: 7" x 6"
* Air Intake: 150 lpm <--------(How much air compared to the other skimmer)
* Watts: 15w
* Rating: Up to 75g

hangskimmers.jpg

2 The Bubble magus
NAC5E
Capability : 300L-500L (80G-135G)
Pump:atman ph2000 (made in china)
Pump power: 28W, 220V 50Hz /110V 60Hz
Air intake : 450L/H<----------------(How much air compared to the other skimmer)
Dimensions:11.8" * 6.3" * 20.5 "
Cylinder: 5"
Bubble%20Magus%20NAC5E.jpg

I have herd very good things about the eshopps hob skimmer, And it has the bubble plate and now has a new mesh impeller, but the pump looks like it takes in less air and is smaller than the bubble magus skimmer. ( not sure how to do the conversion :confused:) Bubble mag also has a very good rep but I have looked all over and cant find a review of this particular skimmer. The only thing i think the eshopps skimmer has over the bubble mag is the bubble plate. Both cost just about the same so I need you all to help me pick out the better skimmer

My Bubble Magus collection is growing, I just started using the BM Dosing Pumps (along with my existing BM200P skimmer). This brand continues to impress me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back