The Bubble-Magus Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
where are people buying the NAC7? I can't find them on the nuocean site and MSX is accepting pre-orders for november 30 delivery. i'd love to try one on the spare 40g i have sitting around.

ardo ski ...., Ndj.... please post pics when operational....very excited to see...thanks in advance..

+1. Thanks for all the pics guys. I love pics. It really helps other reefers make their decision when they can see the skimmer brand new and then how it works.

I have a BM150 but i almost want to go with a NAC 7... i just am fishy about that pump. I almost want to buy the NAC 7 and modify it so that the pump sits outside and then i can play around with diff pumps and make a bigger bubble plate!

MADtanks - the Atman with the meshwheel is a fine pump IMO. I've been using it with my NAC6 since June with not one issue.

Good to hear, I honestly dont like the bubble plate design that comes with these skimmers. If it were a bit bigger, there would be less turbulence. I am thinking I will make a new bubble plate for this thing, if and when i finish i will post pics. I just need to reorder the tube, i think a 4" tube will do it. This should yield a smoother flow of micro bubbles comming out of the plate rather than all of them trying to rush out from a small area.

well broke down and got the nac 7 my other skimmer pump I bought to upgrade with turned out to be junk so now with the cost of the bad pump I bought and the cost of the nac 7 i have a little over 300 bucks in it so not to bad for a cool skimmer I will update when it gets here

I love the look of the skimmer too! Just bought one this week, an NAC-7, not yet running but I can't wait to get it going.

Just tried out the NAC7 in my offline sump did a water change my current tank and used the waste water to file the sump. The skimmer is very quiet, great foam production, though I will need to increase the height of my baffle to that recommended on the site.

Aquabee Watts??

Aquabee Watts??

Anyone test the watts on the AquaBee 2000\I pumps that come with the BM Skimmers? The tester I have showed 58watts? Wondered if it's my cheap tester or accurate.

do you guys have any way to quiet the external versions down? not from the skimmer itself but from the water going into the sump. If I put the exit tube below the water level where it is dead silent, i cant get the water level in the skimmer high enough. Any suggestions or mods people have done?

do you guys have any way to quiet the external versions down? not from the skimmer itself but from the water going into the sump. If I put the exit tube below the water level where it is dead silent, i cant get the water level in the skimmer high enough. Any suggestions or mods people have done?

Do you have a picture of how your sump and skimmer are setup? When I a different external skimmer I had to drill a air hole in the elbow or somewhere in the exit pipe. Than slide a piece of RO tubing and have it higher than your water level. Another option would be to use a filter sock.

Anyone test the watts on the AquaBee 2000\I pumps that come with the BM Skimmers? The tester I have showed 58watts? Wondered if it's my cheap tester or accurate.

very interesting. that is over twice what its advertised at. i dont have a watt meter, but would like to know if someone else can post some results.

c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back