The Life Reef Skimmer Club

I have the 30"...

It takes 1.5" of clearance to lift the lid off the cup, and I'm talking just sliding it out of the way.

And the same 1.5inches is needed to remove the cup from the body(WITH the lid still on), and also the same as above, that 1.5" and your just barely getting it out of there.

Any reason you did not order it from Jeff?

Mike
Either Jeff only stocks the version they offer. I was trying different sizes and big brand had good prices.

But for my setup I ended up with the stock 684 mazzei injector and a waveline dc 12000 pump at 90% apex controlled producing about 6 cups dryish skimmate per day. One of these days I will modify it to a dual 484x mazzei to try out. That will be interesting.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2519839&page=9

Anyone know the clearance needed for VS-24 or VS-30, my interior of stand height is 34 inch, if I get a VS-30 would there be enough room to remove the collection cup.

Have a 100 gal, do you guys think VS-30 is overkill, I am coming from a pinwheel world where over sized skimmer is a no-no, don't know if the same rules applies to Lifereef.

Anyone use Avast wiper for such small neck, would love to hear your experience.
I'd suggest speaking with Jeff about. He is open to making sure you are running the appropriate size and doing what he can to make it fit.

Anyone know the clearance needed for VS-24 or VS-30, my interior of stand height is 34 inch, if I get a VS-30 would there be enough room to remove the collection cup.

Have a 100 gal, do you guys think VS-30 is overkill, I am coming from a pinwheel world where over sized skimmer is a no-no, don't know if the same rules applies to Lifereef.

I just bought the VS-24 and think it is 22 inches approximately. I have 32 inches clearance and it is plenty. Not sure about the 30, go to the website, and look at details, it will be listed.

The VS-24 is rated for a 250 Gallon tank, so should be more than enough to handle your tank. If you are going to use it in-sump, just be sure to keep the water level (in the skimmer section) constant as it will effect the performance of the skimmer.

hth

For those you with SVS-30 how tall is the reaction chamber excluding the collection cup and neck, I know the overall height is 30" hence the SVS-30, just want to know the bubble mixing chamber.

Can some one also confirm that the ID of neck is 2 1/2", what is the height of the neck. just want to make sure that the swabbie wiper is able to fit.

For those you with SVS-30 how tall is the reaction chamber excluding the collection cup and neck, I know the overall height is 30" hence the SVS-30, just want to know the bubble mixing chamber.

Can some one also confirm that the ID of neck is 2 1/2", what is the height of the neck. just want to make sure that the swabbie wiper is able to fit.

My overall height with the collection cup lid is 30 1/4".

Reaction chamber height is 20-21" depending on how you look at it I suppose (picture below).

I can't measure the ID of the neck since it's running and won't be cleaned for a couple more days, but the OD is 3", and I believe it's 1/4" acrylic so 2.5" makes perfect sense.

NuI8Axf.jpg

Thanks EvMiBo the info you've provided helps greatly, btw what pump are you using to drive the venturi?

Oh yeah what is neck height?

Hey guys! I am super excited. I am planning an upgrade to a 300g DD with about 100g between fuge and sump (overtime to be heavily stocked with 2x a day feedings). Ill be getting the VS36 Ext! Im getting it second hand but it should still work well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

I run a Swabbie on mine. You will need to order the micro blade. It is the smallest squeegee the sell. Be sure to give them the neck size info when ordering.
Yes 2 1/2''

Thanks EvMiBo the info you've provided helps greatly, btw what pump are you using to drive the venturi?

Oh yeah what is neck height?

No problem, happy to help here when I can. I'm running a jebao dc9000 at full speed (6/6). The neck is 3" tall.

Is a panworld 250 ok for the vs36? What about a dct 12000?

The original owner ran it with the pw 250 but i think i can use that pump to run my tank!
I also have the dc12000 and am wondering which would be best for each application.

My DT only has 5.2 ft head height from the floor to the top of the tank.

Is a panworld 250 ok for the vs36? What about a dct 12000?

The original owner ran it with the pw 250 but i think i can use that pump to run my tank!
I also have the dc12000 and am wondering which would be best for each application.

My DT only has 5.2 ft head height from the floor to the top of the tank.

I would use the dc12000 at max speed. It's gotta be less wattage for sure, which would be my choice.

Oh yes, externally. Does the dc 12000 have the capability of being run ext or int? I know some pimps just need different fittings to do both.

Oh yes, externally. Does the dc 12000 have the capability of being run ext or int? I know some pimps just need different fittings to do both.

Yes it can be internal or external, the DCT series like mine must be internal only

I thought they were internal only but now I'm seeing internal or external use is okay.

I think a Vectra L1 would be a better pump but that's pretty darn expensive, and I'm not sure it's actually worth it. Both the L1 and dc12000 are rated at 3100gph max but the L1 max head is about 5' higher than the dc12000. Just don't know if it's really necessary. (Food for thought)

Jeff can make you a shorter wider cup to fit the larger skimmer. He did for me.

I have a 125 gallon and think the VS-30 might be overkill for me. My skim mate typically only makes it into the neck of the cup and not the cup.

Back